Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] New to Town and I've Got Things To Do [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]
False Idol

895 Posts
20 Threads

It always struck him as a surprise each time she spoke of him so kindly, even after all the time he'd spent with her. More than half of his life, and all of hers, yet her fondness still felt unwarranted. Like he was unworthy of it, though he did his best to be otherwise and did not mention such things aloud.

"Of course," granted Malachi, in response to her request regarding housing. Given the embarrassed look that had graced her features, he could only imagine which establishment Nettie had first sought for shelter, and... he did not judge anyone for their preferences, if that was what they liked, but he did not want his niece staying in the Diamond Pony.

Oh, God. Maybe it had been somewhere else. He hoped for it, anyway.

Once Nettie had retrieved her bag and returned to his side, Malachi offered another smile and nudged her arm back. It did not take anything more than a glance to know that the two of them shared no blood, and the sight of a priest and a young woman so close was perhaps not ideal, but he did it all the same. He led her to the door, and said, "I'm happy to see you too, Nettie. I should have invited you to come sooner, but it has taken me a bit longer to... adjust, here."

That was one way to put it. His parish here was... unique, and he had been somewhat distracted since--

Malachi adjusted his collar to better cover the mark.

"How have you been?" he inquired as they stepped outside. "And how long are you planning on staying?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: New to Town and I've Got Things To Do - by Malachi Brennan - 02-23-2022, 03:57 PM