Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Learn a thing or two [Market, Shops, and Spas]

372 Posts
16 Threads

Pronouns: All (depends on the presentation)
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=613
Height: 5'4''

Christine giggled and at that observation, Chéri giggled back “Oh, you have NO idea!” He promised, chuckling a little more. Chéri shrugged “Is that what you like best? Food and books?” He asked, curiously, brushing his temple against her dress, very cat like. It was a surprising type of tenderness, still. He hadn’t gotten used yet.

Chéri batted his long lashes and made very wrong assumptions “What do you not have?” He whispered, without moving, trying to read that sigh. That wasn’t an attempt at seduction, he decided. She was clearly not thinking about him.

“We manage does not sound like happiness to me.” Chéri rebuked, then he looked up “But I don’t know if I am an happiness expert. I know other things better.”

253 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She Her
Height: 5'4"

Christine laughed, "I believe it." She winked and noticed the way Chéri brushed against her like a cat. She smiled more and delicately brushed back his hair soothingly. "I do! Sharing good food and books with friends gives me so much joy."

The question had her smile fade. "Oh, just thinking about someone I miss. But honestly, that's life. Unless you marry someone, you can't guarantee anything and that's not the life for me."

She stood to go into the back for food. "Well, even when you have everything you want it doesn't guarantee happiness. So we do our best. I am happy, more so right now because I have a friend. If you come back I will be happier." Christine left then came back with some sliced up cheese, and little slices of toast and jam. "I should really go to the market again."

372 Posts
16 Threads

Christine gave him confirmation and Chéri laughed, brushing his nose with the tip of a finger and laughing sweetly and disorderly. Chéri nodded and continued observing her with curiosity.

Chéri wrinkled his mouth “And what’s the life for you then?” He asked, without any hidden meaning, simply curious to understand.

Chéri kept looking at her. He stayed silent for a very long time and only at the end he allowed himself to say “You know, I don’t think I know what happiness feels like. Maybe it’s like that. Then I haven’t been that happy, I guess.” He said, without any hard feeling. Chéri blinked “Don’t you normally go?”

253 Posts
4 Threads

Christine laughed along with him and had a large sincere smile on her face. "I think it's like this one. I am living the life I want over all. I do not want to ever marry a man, that is for certain." Of course having a beautiful Venus by her side would be nice, she couldn't be greedy. "Having someone close to spend time with me regularly would be a bonus though."

She couldn't help but notice the way he eyed her. It seemed to hold no desire, so she didn't worry about him suddenly falling for her during their talk. She'd hate to turn down the sweet Cheri who was kind to spend time and have a laugh with her. "That is a shame, I think you need to search yourself without judgement and see what makes you happy. Everyone deserves happiness, even if it's only in small quantities." She immediately looked sheepish as she ate a piece of jammed toast with a handkerchief to keep herself clean and giggled. "I do, but I like being here. It's safe and quiet, so I get lazy and don't go when I start running low on food. I could hire someone, I suppose." Then again, the mental image of a very cute maid running her errands was a pleasant fantasy. Christine would act appropriately, but just having someone around to do the things she didn't like...

"Maybe I should hire someone. What do you think?"

372 Posts
16 Threads

Chéri nodded and listened “Spinsterhood sounds like an ideal lifestyle,” Chéri admitted, although he probably knew very little about it. Also, he couldn’t say that openly, even if he had been thinking about it at all, but gals being pals was always an option. Luckily, Christine mentioned the point. Chéri nodded “Of course. One does not need to be alone, even if unmarried,” or married but not interested in their spouse, as he knew very well.

Chéri had indeed no desire in his eyes, but he had a lot of tenderness, the type that resembled more camaraderie than romance. Even if Chéri had been interested in Christine, which could have been the case, he valued friendship infinitely more than any romantic or sexual relationship and right now, just having someone he could go to without feeling under pressure was liberating “It feels expensive,” and he had no money and hadn’t found someone who could pay him as he wished.

Chéri bent his head on the side “I’d say why not? You say you like being lazy, servants are perfect for lazy people!” What a scientific explanation.

253 Posts
4 Threads

Christine bodded joyfully. "Oh yes, it is." She giggled a bit and then sipped her wine to be quiet for a moment. "Ah yes... it is, and I would like that. It is dreadfully hard to meet someone to fill my days with though. But, at least.. " she leaned towards Chéri and smiled. "I have friends."

Christine gave him a gentle look as she hugged him with one arm. It was refreshing to have someone like him in her life, a kind friend that seemed to ask for so little. If only he'd been a woman. He was so close, if she had been I'm a situation she needed a husband he'd have done better than any other. "It is expensive, but I have the money, I can employ one. My father was so frugal it killed him and my mother, I will not follow his path. Oh, you're not eating. I'm sorry I have nothing better. Should we go to a shop?" She asked with a sad sigh, not wanting to disappoint him.

"It definitely is a nice thing to have for a lazy person like myself. I will start looking immediately. "

372 Posts
16 Threads

Chéri shrugged “It’s really funny, most of us meet people everyday, but they never seem to fit the mold. They are always a little different from the people we would like to meet.” The wine was talking. Chéri nodded. She had friends, at least in him.

Chéri had no idea he was at the top of Christine’s potential beard list, but had he known he would have been flattered, while recommending someone with better prospects. Chéri nodded and then shook his head. It was impressive that he had gotten distracted enough to forget the food, by all accounts the great love of his life.

“You will find one easily: lazy maids are always easy to come by,” he said, biting into his bread.

253 Posts
4 Threads

Christine nodded, "most people dread loneliness enough that they will settle. I am not such a creature, I enjoy being alone until I find the right people. I will not waste my energy and time on those who fail my expectations." She patted his head delicately in a silent reminder that he'd made her elite list.

She became clearly cheered up when he ate her food and sighed happily. "I know it isn't much. Next time, let me know ahead and I will have a real meal for you if you'd like, or at the very least, better snacks."

The woman seemed in thought as she ate her toast and nodded. "I do not mind laziness if they are pretty. It isn't like I am a messy person, they will have little to do otherwise."