Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] A Shit Job [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
False Idol

895 Posts
20 Threads

"None of you are going to an orphanage," said Malachi, without taking his gaze off of the constable.

"I'm afraid I don't quite follow, constable. The children are with me, aren't they?"

He glanced down briefly at the children in the cart, and the boy at his side, and then back to the man that seemed determined to ruin someone's day.

"I'm watching them until their mother returns. Is that an issue?"

295 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 6'

Wesley rose his brow and didn't lose the confident smile
"So the mother left them in your care and you're the one who has left this child soiled in a cart? If you're their temporary guardian perhaps you can explain why they are left in a cart outside of the bar, as you can't seem to locate their parent?"
Obnoxious child

567 Posts
8 Threads

James looked up at the priest, his mouth hanging slightly open. He closed it quickly and turned to the constable. "She wasn't soiled when we went in!" he lied.
False Idol

895 Posts
20 Threads

Malachi's expression didn't shift. At least the boy knew how to lie, he thought as he gave his shoulder an encouraging squeeze.

"And I hardly think you would have preferred for these innocent children to go into a pub," he added on easily.

This constable was... difficult. Which meant the only thing to do, was to confuse him.

"When did I say I could not locate her? I said that I was watching them, and I'm right here with them."

295 Posts
3 Threads

Wesley frowned at the child. "How long were you in that pub?" The smell was horrendous, and while he didn't like kids, he definitely could imagine if they were watching her they'd look for the mother the moment such an occurrence sprung up.

He squinted at the man and his smile flattened a little, "It was the very first words you said to me, sir. Do I look like a fool to you? It isn't a good idea to lie to me, you know. And a man of the cloth." He shook his head as if disappointed.
Obnoxious child

567 Posts
8 Threads

Huh. The constable kept arguing. Couldn't the priest say something like that he was going to jinx him to hell or something if he didn't leave them alone? James looked up at the priest.
False Idol

895 Posts
20 Threads

Malachi frowned at that, looking genuinely concerned with the constable's statement.

"I apologize, constable, but I don't remember saying such a thing. Did you hear me say that?" he asked the boy, meeting his gaze for a moment.

Turning back to the constable, he added, "you do not look like a fool, sir, I am only trying to save you the trouble of processing children that are already in someone's care."

295 Posts
3 Threads

Wesley smiled more as he ignored the child and stared hard at the priest as if searching into his soul. "Do not concern yourself about me. And don't ask the boy when there's a perfectly capable barman inside who heard our conversation, he was even the one kind enough to give me the mother's name. How else would I know it was Longbottom? Perhaps your memory isn't well. Too much time pouring over your bible. But if they are yours, you can not leave them alone or in neglect like that child. Since I am now concerned you aren't capable to take care of them due to your memory lapsing issues, I think I should still take them in." He offered, saying it as if he was doing it for his benefit.
Obnoxious child

567 Posts
8 Threads

"No, I didn't," James affirmed in response to the priest's question. It wasn't even a lie, as he had been in the back of the pub.
False Idol

895 Posts
20 Threads

Malachi tilted his head as he continued to stare at the disagreeable lawman.

"The barman?" he inquired, as if he'd never considered such a thing. "It is the word of a barman against that of a priest, then?"

His finger tapped lightly against the back of the boy's shoulder, but he kept his eyes on the constable.

"I am sorry, constable, but I said no such thing. I only ever asked if we could speak outside. Or do you care to fetch the barman and ask him?"