Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] In need of more arms [Railway Station]

372 Posts
16 Threads

Pronouns: All (depends on the presentation)
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=613
Height: 5'4''

Chéri had started making some money, but it wasn’t exactly how much they wished, yet, and they still hadn’t figured out how to make more. Plus certain commodities they had in their previous life were starting to feel too distant. Having accepted that this, at least for a while, was going to be their home, they had managed to get ahold of some potentially odd items that now rested in a few pastel boxes, all very cute, mostly not combinable in shape.

Chéri could easily transport heavyweights, but had only two arms and four different boxes, an oval and tall one, a long and skinny one and two rectangular ones, one long and one short and wide. How to pile that and bring it to the Diamond Pony was not a simple matter. Chéri stood in front of the unruly pile, scratching their head, wondering.

253 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She Her
Height: 5'4"

While Cheri was looking down at their problem, Christine was walking through town looking rather crestfallen. She didn't venture out of her cozy book shop often, but today she had to run a few errands and right now she had basket in hand with a few things at the bottom. As she was walking, she almost stepped right into someone looking at packages.

"Hm?" She looked down and for a brief moment thought she'd found a lovely lady, but a second longer revealed it was a man. Such a pity. Still, he was quite nice to look at and she could always use someone to talk to pass the time.

"Hello there. Whatever is the problem?" She said speaking down to him in english, wondering why he was staring at the boxes with such unease.

372 Posts
16 Threads

Chéri, who mostly didn’t know how to communicate or read the locals, glanced at the unknown lady and waved their hand “I’m sorry, madame, I don’t understand you.” While trying a new arrangement for the boxes, which consisted of one of them spiking out of the pile like a spear and a taller one barely balanced on an excessive bow.

A little frustrated, they let out a swear words in French, probably not counting on bumping into a French speaker just like that.

253 Posts
4 Threads

The lady sighed and carefully put down her basket. "Let me help you, monsieur." She said in french and delicately took the parcels that were about to fall from his arms and placed them on top of the items in her basket and lifted it. While Christine wasn't usually one to help a stranger, she felt badly for him. He seemed to be far from home, and she wasn't in a hurry.

"Where would you like to go? I will help you." Of course the moment this young man tried to lead her into an empty alleyway or a house that looked like it had been abandoned, she was not above kicking him in his family jewels and running off with the packages still in tow.

372 Posts
16 Threads

Chéri smiled with gratitude and nodded. The lady was wondering alone, so, they assumed, she could walk at least most of the way to the Diamond Pony without being embarrassed. They offered her the most inconvenient of the packages, the long, skinny one and made a gesture “thank you, madame.” They added, in a formal French.

“To the Diamond Pony, Madame” alternatively, if she was, Chéri would have rather have her abandon them right away. “But you can leave things to me on the corner, it will be a smaller distance.” There was a grateful warmth in their smile that expressed what the less than chatty frenchman wasn’t going to say.

253 Posts
4 Threads

Christine looked from Cheri to the direction they were going and rose a brow. "The Diamond Pony, you say?" She shrugged and smiled. "It will not be any harm to walk up to the door with you. It'll be fine." She was certainly as long as she went inside, all would be well. She should have known better, a pretty man like him would be trouble. It was early enough in the day, it would be silly to try to bring her in, and she knew she had a set of lungs even though she was soft spoken. "You are far from home. Are you here long?" She asked as they walked towards the location. Perhaps she was a little curious what the place was like, though she didn't want to admit it.

372 Posts
16 Threads

Chéri nodded “Indeed I did.” They confirmed, observing the woman’s reaction. She seemed practical and not bothered at all. All the better for him. They started walking towards his new home. Chéri sighed. “I wish I knew.” Maybe a little bit dramatic, but sincere. They were smiling with a little bit of irony and appeared unfazed by the uncertainty of their situation “It surely would be odd.” They added, trying to imagine it. On the other hand, considering where it came from, it wouldn’t be weirder than their former career in Paris. “Are you a local?” they also asked, inevitably curious.

253 Posts
4 Threads

Christine nodded. "Change can be scary." She smiled brightly. "I'm not from far away, but father visited Liverpool and London a lot for his passion. He died and so I moved here to ruin what he held so dear." She spoke so matter of factly as she walked. "This small town is easy going but has enough traffic I feel safe here. " the tides had turned and she wasn't quite as certain as before."Perhaps you should come by my shop some day and tell me how your life is going. I am curious."

372 Posts
16 Threads

Christine’s answer was direct, much more than Chéri expected. They observed the young lady with a certain attention, admiring her practical and plain speech and studying the way she walked. Such lady could only have a very unique stride. “A lady with a revenge plan and the desire for safety.” Chéri observed, with a certain enthusiasm, as if they had encountered a fictional character they could be excited about. Chéri batted the long lashes and added “Maybe. What do you sell? There are a few things I’d like to buy.” As for telling her their life stories, they didn’t answer. Typical.

253 Posts
4 Threads

Christine smiled. "The thing is when you are tied to someone all of your life and they bring you misery. When they finally pass, it is your chance to live and make the most with what they left behind. In this case I sell my father's greatest treasures... his books. " She smiled brightly. "But everyone should have a mind for safety. " She said despite having her arms filled with the basket filled with items as she walked to a possible lions' den.