or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Morning Dove [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Private Eye

302 Posts
11 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Plotter: [Here]
Height: 5'3"

Aslan looked skeptically at the fellow’s back, but let him go on about the virtues of shedding secrets.

“Have you considered, my friend, that I might just be a very boring man? And I can hardly go about spreading everyone else’s – they aren’t mine to share.”
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: he him
Height: 6'

Francis shrugged. "I know so little about you. I know you have a sister and moved here not all that long ago. You have a lot of mystery about you so I am curious and you do have secrets. Whatever they are. But if you ever do want to share, I will keep your secrets." He chuckled and walked slower for him to catch up.
Private Eye

302 Posts
11 Threads

Aslan stuck his hands in his pockets, tapping fingers against his thigh.

“Here’s a secret, then: I love my sister dearly, but I hope she marries a man in York rather than here.”

He allowed a couple of paces before excusing explaining himself.

“Much better prospects there, of the type that would suit her.”
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Francis nodded in thought as he walked and caught up to walk in time with the shorter man. "So why did you move here instead of York? And she doesn't get out much does she? Your care for your sister is very sweet. I must say. I wonder if I'd felt the same if I had had any siblings."
Private Eye

302 Posts
11 Threads

A couple more paces before answering.

“No ocean.”

He took a few more paces.

“An only child, then?”
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Francis gave a little 'ahh' in understanding. "I actually do love being close to the water. And yes. I was an only child. Isn't it clear I've been spoiled rotten." He grinned and chuckled stretching his arms behind his head. "I've had cousins though."
Private Eye

302 Posts
11 Threads

Aslan let out a sharp whistle.

“Clearly. All that lack of sibling rivalry and church living is turning you into a bishop. Or is it cardinal by now?”

He rolled his neck. Poked idly at swelling before putting his hand back in his pocket.

“Cousins aren’t the same. Nobody asks for your blessing before getting humiliated by your cousin.”
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Francis laughed and slapped his shoulder lightly. "Carefule might be Father Tully before you know it!" He laughed like a crow as he walked.

The reply had him smirking but he tilted his head towards him. "Has that happened to you before? Someone ask for a hand?"
Private Eye

302 Posts
11 Threads

So, Tully was his name. Tully, Tully … any Tullies (Tolly? Touley?) on the record? He’d give it a look and then give those files a walk if they looked too bad.

“She’s a beautiful woman,” Aslan shrugged, going quiet.

She wasn’t the first beautiful creature to lure in prey successfully, and she wouldn’t be the last.

He carefully left out the part where she was married, once.

And the part where their father was dead because her husband was, too.
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

The young man relaxed and nodded. "A pretty face lures in all types. Some think she is the one just because how she looks or they just like having a pretty lady at their side. I'm surprised you haven't married her off yet. She won't meet many york men here. But I will wish you the best in your search."