Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] A mirror in oil [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

372 Posts
16 Threads

Pronouns: All (depends on the presentation)
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=613
Height: 5'4''

Calliope almost retracted their hand, but not right away. They were entertaining the theory that Darius was touch starved, like many, many people they had met, hence just let their palm slide along his back, while Darius told his story. “He was not terrible to you.” Was all Chéri had to say. The caresses continued, accompanied only by the silence. Calliope didn’t display anything more than some form of participation to Darius’s grief.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'11"

Darius laughed softly at that. "Do you think so? I think I was one of his favorite toys." He shook his head and stayed close to that hand. "Believe me, even being a friend, he was terrible. It is amazing I did not die or be locked up in prison for what he did. What we did." He frowned as the image of the dead carriage driver flashed in his mind and he looked pale. "People can do foolish things when they are desperate. Even for the silliest little things can drive a person."

372 Posts
16 Threads

Chéri shrugged “You said he was your only friend. You must have liked something in him, or you would have chosen to go away.” That is not exactly being “not terrible”, but no one was there to explain to Chéri the difference between love and abuse -and most likely, that wasn’t going to happen any time soon-. “What… you did? You, specifically?” Chéri stopped their hand and then started again as Darius continued. It sounded like he had had no choice. And Chéri wasn’t going to go into details. Worst case scenario, they could always consider recommending Darius to go to confession.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius sighed heavily and hung his head. "It was.. he could be fine. And I had fun sometimes. He was the only person who liked hanging out with me. I'm sure you notice no one comes to bother me in this room. I haven't had to tell anyone not to disturb me, they avoid it." He smiled sadly and raised his head to stare hard outside. "Chris wasn't like that. He used me but he used everyone, so I don't think I suffered more than any other that spent enough time in his company. But, I'd have faced it because I liked being wanted. "

He winced at the mention of what he did. "I was with him, things happened. Accidents, misunderstandings, sometimes things went too far. " He covered his eyes and took a deep breath. "Trust me, I regret it all. Though if he was still alive, I'd probably still be doing it." He was so ashamed of himself.

372 Posts
16 Threads

Calliope listened patiently, without showing and doubt or surprise, but also they didn't try to console Darius of his solitude or his perceived undesirability. They just accepted his truth, the way it was shaped. All the offered, with a small smile "Everyone likes being wanted. It spares us the work of liking ourselves." Which clearly Darius didn't do, but they limited themselves to imply it.

Calliope nodded, and specified "but he is not. And you are over that, whatever it was. It is over, and you have a new friend" they put a certain finality in their tone, adding another caress.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius listened and Calliope's words had him let out a small laugh. "You're quite right. Though I think at least half the artists of the world wouldn't exist if they liked themselves." It was true, he didn't like himself and so he spent his days wrapped up in activities he could enjoy and avoid thinking on his own situation, or he reveled in it in a stew of self misery.

The dark haired man nodded slightly though in agreement. Chris was gone and had been for some time now. He had moved on for the most part though, at least he was sure he had. The last words sunk in and he looked over confused. "I do ?"

372 Posts
16 Threads

Chéri, that could be considered and artist in their own right, would have jumped and protested vigorously, if they hadn't been there to get paid and if they wasn't concious of how much more of a sad boi Darius would have become if they had done it. No, that was enough sadness for them, for now.

And at the following question, Chéri added "Of course! And you can't expect Sonia to remember you if you forget her in no time!" They teased.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius didn't know she wanted to correct him about artists. But the mention of Sonia had him chuckle weakly. "True, she did invite me over. Doesn't mean she sees me as a friend." No one did. "But I will try. Guess I can't toss out my only chances for a friend. "

372 Posts
16 Threads

Darius laughed ad denied their friendship. Calliope bent their head to the side, incredulous. “I don’t think she’d spare time for anyone she does not consider such, not right now.” Thinking about the grim mood they had seen Sonia in “If you want to respect her, you have to value her time and believe her to make good choices for herself. Why would she waste time with someone that was indifferent to her?” Chéri then sighed but said nothing. If they had planned to offer friendship, the mopey mood Darius was displaying was discouraging any attempt.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius looked at cheri. "Oh? I do not know how she is. I hadn't spoken to her before she even married. And I helped her out a few times but mostly spent our time together with me painting her." He tilted his head in wonder. "Perhaps she wants to hire me to paint her again. She could just have one of these old ones. She looks amazing in all of them." He still had trouble thinking why she would want to be his friend. She had to know better people than the moping artist who hid himself away.