Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] A mirror in oil [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

372 Posts
16 Threads

Pronouns: All (depends on the presentation)
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=613
Height: 5'4''

Chéri laughed and pointed out “I meant only the painting, sir. The rest is none of my business, I think. But it is in part my responsibility to have your painting turn out well.” Calliope said, putting their name to good use and making their voice sound oh so very sweet. “I was disciplined” and naturally inclined to it. But it was not something they liked to put there like that, not easily. Calliope shrugged “I am not sure I can. Also, I have seen no theatres.”

Chéri wrinkled they nose slightly, with a smile that was less bright than their average. “I am.” And in this case it was not arrogance, it was a well calculated evaluation based on where they had invested the better part of their teenage years and late childhood “But I have no stage. And no music.”
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'11"

Darius waved it off and smiled. "Sorry, I see. It isn't too much your problem. You pose and look your usual charming self. It is up to me to put it accurately in paint." He completely agreed Calliope seemed discipline, but the mention of no theatre made him raise a brow. "You're right. There isn't one.." "Of course there was a huge number of Whitby who were always struggling just to get by, it wouldn't be very profitable. Still, the idea of putting one in the miserable little town seemed nice. "Maybe that should change."

Darius snapped his fingers and smiled. "I can change that. Would you like to when I finish this painting? It won't be amazing, I'm afraid. But a little music and plenty of space to dance your heart out."

372 Posts
16 Threads

Calliope bent their head to the side, glancing curiously. “Are you not happy with out it is turning out? Do you need to do a study?” Then nodded. Of course there wasn’t one. And why would there be a theatre in a place like that. Chéri puffed a smile “Or maybe those who are so eager to go to the theatre should go somewhere else.” Theorised Chéri.

Chéri looked at him in amazement and said “Really? Yesterday you were so eager to paint me and today you are willing to give up light hours to make me dance?” Chéri bent their heads on the side and stared. Then shook their head “In any case, I need to warm up, I can’t just start dancing like that, I’ll get injured.” If he wasn’t already. Calliope had hidden the dark spot on their body with great care.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius shook his head, "no, I meant to say you don't need to worry about it. You are beautiful no matter what. It's up to me to make it beautiful and I will", he said confidently. The comment about the theater made the man pout but it was unseen from the other side of the canvas. "But it is so far. It could be good for the less fortunate to get to see some entertainment for cheap. Puppets or magic, I don't know." He said as he thought of what he'd seen on stage.

Immediately he looked around and shook his head. "Oh no. I didn't mean like that. I meant.. maybe when the painting is complete and you give your approval, I could invite you back and pay a session to let you dance a little " He explained before returning to his work.

372 Posts
16 Threads

Calliope nodded “Oh, I know that. But you need to see it with your “art eye”, if you know what I mean. Or to see it with some other eye, but something personal, that you can put in your painting.” Chéri specified. Chéri smiled and nodded “Why not. I don’t know if dance is something that applies here. Also, I was told that the English are more bigoted than the French, can you imagine how they would feel about ballet?” Chéri shook their head.

Calliope squinted “You… need my approval for the painting?” The concept felt like a novelty. “But sure, it is a few hours, though, I need to prepare for that. And I will need to get myself some clothes.” Which he probably would have to order from York or even further away.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius waved him off with an attempt at a charming smile, which was more of an awkward grin than anything. "That isn't the problem. I saw you with my artistic vision the moment I saw you on the street. It is just bringing it to life. " He was quiet for a moment as his hand moved across the canvas out of sight and he looked around towards Calliope. "What? Of course there is dancing here. Just not in tiny fishing villages. People are more alert for the exciting, beautiful stuff in bigger cities and beautiful countries like France. It could change, there are more rich people here than there used to be. Most of the people wouldn't care but the ones with any sophistication and can spare the money and time to see it would love it." He had no idea if the English were more bigoted, and it was from Calliope, not that he'd dare say maybe it was just a case of both sides insulting the other. He honestly didn't know.

He shook his head. "I mean.. approval to dance, but I do hope you approve of my painting. I mean, you agreed to let me paint you to begin with." The long haired man spoke, the clearing of his throat expression his embarrassment. " Ah.. but.. when the painting is completely finished in a few days, perhaps. I can always buy you the clothes you need. But then you would owe me another painting..' He said laughing slightly.

372 Posts
16 Threads

Calliope nodded a few times “Which is why I asked you if you didn’t want to do some more studying.” And then winked, laughing. And when Darius started to specify that no, dance was there too, Chéri said “Oh, I don’t doubt that. My village too had dancing, even if it was very small. But on stage it is different. We express a lot and we do show a lot. Ballet does not permit stiff clothing and many layers, the body is very exposed… which is in part why it is so popular in Paris and why artist often seek us as dancers as models: we show more, have less difficulties showing more and our bodies are young and strong.” Chéri shrugged. The bigotry wasn’t his personal position, he knew nothing of theatre goers in Britain, but he knew how indecent it was to be a female ballet dancer in France. As far as the assumptions about male ballet dancers went, he had trouble discerning them from the assumptions that were generally made about him without knowing what his job was.

Chéri laughed out loud at that comment and said “See? Sometimes I too get confused.” He straightened his back. At the following suggestion, Chéri started to look pensive, looked at the cellar and in the end say “Let’s see. I’ll try to order the necessary and I will look into how expensive it is. Then we can discuss. With what you gave me, I should look good at least on paper.”
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

"I think you just want me to study you" , Darius joked and grinned. He thought about the ballet and dancing he'd seen and nodded. "That is all very true, it is an art in motion. And the costumes show off that movement and grace beautifully. It takes a lot of work to dance like that I expect. I have not known any dancer personally." He didn't know many people personally of any profession.

"The only people who never get confused are fools and liEs." He laughed slightly as he painted a little. "Do that and let me know. I might want to paint you in your outfit if you don't mind. I've seen some works with ballerinas and they are so wonderful. It would look fantastic. But! One thing at a time." He said and leaned in to focus on what was at hand.

372 Posts
16 Threads

Calliope, who did not have exactly a peaceful personality, smiled brightly and said “You don’t have the faintest idea of what I want.” Then took a thinking expression “Except money.” And there it was, a slightly cruel remark. At the dance remark, Calliope turned back to their light-hearted tone and her jovial attitude, as if absolutely nothing had happened “Oh yes, it requires most of one’s time, otherwise the body gets weaker.” They gulped at the prospect.

They then shrugged at the comment on confused people and Chéri commented “The one I use to practice is very plain indeed, but some like it.” A sly smile “because it keeps the focus on the movement or they body without trying to change the shape. It doesn’t have the layers, you know.” Chéri giggled under their breath.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius grinned as he painted. "Everyone wants money, those who have it want it more. " He had never cared about his inheritance until he feared losing everything. Now he was being a glutton and trying to take it all in fear his siblings would take his easy life style from him. "Then all the more reason to get your attire so you can practice. Don't want to get unnecessarily weak and be unable to dance if the chance comes to you. " He said trying to just be helpful.

He nodded and chuckled a little. "Well it can't be too much, that's true. Especially for the male dancers. " He had a mental image of the time he recalled last seeing male dancers. It had been quite a show, to say the least.