Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Afternoon at the beach to 'Soak Up the Sun' [Harbor, Beach, and Sea]
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'11"

Darius shook his hand a touch too enthusiastically, as if he wanted to free it from his arm but contained himself before actually possibly hurting the other man.

He listened and became even more curious that the great artist was sketching here for ideas for his paintings. The, now oldest, Carrington son immediately took the offered seat and looked in the direction Douglas had been to look at the subjects before him once more.

"Ah! Character work..mostly. I like live models." He only gave a half smile as if hoping that was the right answer or at least a good one. "Ah.. I can show you a little.. but ...um. I do experiment a lot with my..work." he pulled out a roll of papers and the wind from the beach threatened to take one. He wasn't about to let a piece get away, lest it be the key to getting any compliment from the other man.

He dove for the sheet of paper, hoping to pluck it from the air before fully leaving the log and crashed face first into the sand. His arm stretched triumphantly to show the paper in his grasp but then he gave a horrified gasp as he'd crushed it in his enthusiasm and fell upon the rest of the work in his other arm. He looked positively devastated and worked to try unsuccessfully to straighten it out.

The papers were now creased or crumbled and had sand, but the images were clear. He had a sketch of a beautiful woman looking to the side and she appeared topless but her hair was falling to block the view but the sketch ended before it could reveal anyway. Most of the others were a collection of men looking fast asleep. His final couple were a poor maid and butler obviously having been begged and paid extra to sit and stand to pose for the picture but didn't bother to look happy about it.

He sketches captured the subjects ' likeness very well but there was an exaggeration in shadowing and lighting. It wasn't clear based on the small sampling if he just did it for dramatics or it was something that helped when he'd transferred his images to canvas.

"They aren't much. I ...don't have an easy time getting models ." He laughed slightly as if it were a joke but he knew it wasn't very funny at all.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Afternoon at the beach to 'Soak Up the Sun' - by Darius Carrington - 02-11-2022, 03:49 PM