Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] We Are All Destined to Fall [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: he him
Height: 6'

The place was just as he remembered it, which made it all the easier to follow wherever he was lead. He just gave a nod in reply to the other's words.

"Such a shame being worldly is so fun." He added then glanced over towards the priest. "He was nice. Easily startled but nice. So are you. I'm happy about this chance. I am curious, did you and Richards join the priesthood because you wanted to help people? Just curious... sometimes I've heard rumors people become priests to make up for past mistakes."

He smiled, still happy to chat him up until they found the destination.
False Idol

895 Posts
20 Threads

"I did not," came his quick response, loaded like a spring. Malachi turned the handle, opened the door to head into the presbytery, and held it so that Mister Tully could walk in first.

"But that is why I'm here now."

From the matter-of-fact way he said it, it did not sound as if he planned to elaborate. He returned the smile regardless, neat and polite, and followed into the presbytery after him. As for Father Richards, he couldn't speak to his reasons for joining the priesthood; he hadn't asked, and he generally didn't.

"I'll have to see if Mrs. Higgins is here..." muttered Malachi, still a bit unsure with the environment himself. He passed through the rooms, motioning for Mister Tully to follow, until he'd made it to the kitchen. "I suppose she might be busy... I don't care to bother her. I'm sure I can figure something out for you myself."
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Francis didn't ask as he didn't care about elaboration. He was trying to be conversational as he walked. Walking into the place brought a smile to the fragile looking man. There was a warmth and homeyness to the place, or perhaps that was just because it was nice being in a house again.

"We're lucky to have you." He said quickly as he walked, reaching a hand out to let his fingertips brush along the wall. There was a spring to his step at the mention of Ms. Higgins. "Oh yes, I don't think I got to see her last time but her food was delicious."

It was such a shame the woman wasn't there. "Just us? Well, you don't need to do that. I do know a little cooking if you'd like me to. It could be the start of my service?" He looked to the other man for confirmation but was rolling up his sleeves to help. "You have stuff for a nice soup? Maybe some sort of pie? I can do a little. But I don't want to use more than you're willing to part with. Even if we share I know you like to be careful with your supplies."
False Idol

895 Posts
20 Threads

Was that really proper, to offer a meal to someone and then make them cook it themselves? Malachi's expression did not outwardly shift, even as his thoughts began to jumble. He walked through the kitchen again, giving it a good glance about, and stopped once he'd neared Mister Tully.

"No, I can help," he insisted. If Mister Tully didn't want him to do it all himself, then he would at least assist. Malachi found two aprons, and though he wasn't really sure if they were dirty or clean, he tossed one to Mister Tully.

"I'll admit I haven't been in here yet. Whatever suits you, though, I'll help you make. I'm certain there's enough."
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Francis just gave a nod towards Brennan as he washed his hands and looked the place over. "Since we don't have her permission I think we should do a humble soup. It won't be the most flavorful but we are doing this for a nice healthy meal. Right?"

He immediately found the pantry and grabbed a small sample of a variety of vegetables. "We can explore this place together." There was a cheeriness to his voice as he returned to the counter and started to hunt for a pot."which part would you like to do?"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

While the two were started on their cooking, there was a knock on the door. Elijah stood looking as relaxed as he could as he carried a small basket under one arm.

The constable was dressed for the job and has come just to run the one quick errand during the day Hbing heard that Gabriel was recovering. He wasn't sure if bed been in the mood for anything sweet, but he hoped the man wouldn't turn down the small collection of hot cross buns.

"I hope I didn't come at a bad time.." he said softly to himself. He didn't have the courage to try to speak to the man when he was better. All of his hopes were in simply delivering the get well care package and be on his way.
False Idol

895 Posts
20 Threads

Soup. He could manage soup. There was a short delay before Malachi dipped his head in a small nod. He knew how to cook just fine, after all. Plenty of his other churches hadn't had a Mrs. Higgins to care for him, and even before, he'd cooked plenty in his life before the seminary.

Glancing through the kitchen again, he searched until he'd located the cutlery, and pulled out two knives.

"I can cut the--"

His voice was clipped short with the sound of a knock. With a frown, Malachi excused himself and went to answer it, still holding the knives he'd found. It was a strange sight when he opened the door -- he was quite clearly a priest, but the apron and the blades looked rather strange. He was more concerned, of course, with why a man had come to the presbytery right now.

"Hello," greeted Malachi, easing the frown off of his face. "What can I do for you, sir?"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah was surprised by seeing the new priest. He hadn't met him before and it left him paused for a moment. What was the deal with the priests here being so nice to look at? He started to wish for Kemble back but knew that was selfish. After all, what two men of the cloth, spending all their time together did....

He shook his head and put a hand to his face to clear his thoughts and only then realized the other man held a knife and wore an apron. "Yes, I'm Constable Elijah Crane. Sorry, we haven't met yet and.. I just got back in town a short bit ago. Ah... I-I'm here to..deliver this to Father Richards. I am sorry I s-seem to have come at a bad time but ..ah..I was there when he collapsed and I've been worried for his well being. I'm glad he seems to be recovering. And it isn't much, he might not even want it but..."

But what? He didn't know and he let his voice trail off as he looked into the eyes of the new father, imploring that he just take the basket.
False Idol

895 Posts
20 Threads

Had he startled him? Malachi kicked himself for not having set down the knives before he'd answered the door, but he hadn't wanted to make him wait either. So he held the blades down at a safe distance, offered the makings of a pleasant smile, and waited for the man to get through... whatever he was going through right now.

"Ah," Malachi nodded then, eyebrows raised. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Constable. I'm Father Malachi Brennan."

He'd only heard good things about Constable Crane, but he'd not had a chance to meet him yet. Malachi's dark gaze strayed to the basket he held.

"That is very considerate of you. I'll make sure that he gets it."

Malachi stepped away for a quick moment, setting the knives down on the closest surface. He returned just as soon, extending a hand towards the basket -- though from the way he held it out, it wasn't clear if he meant to shake the Constable's hand or relieve him of his gift.

"Did you want to come in, Constable? I'm sure Father Richards is around here somewhere, if you had wanted to see him?"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

"Ah.. nice to meet you Father Brennan." He held up the basket to the offered hand as he assumed that was what was wanted. it was a relief to hand it over so that he could leave at any moment and having still succeeded in his reason for the trip.

The mention of Richards had him look away embarrassed. "Oh, I ..I don't know about that. I .." He rubbed the back of his neck with a gloved hand. "You can just hand it over.. and you don't even have to say who it is from, it's not.. necessary. I just wanted to hand them over in hopes it helps him feel better. But probably best he doesn't even know I was here."

God, that sounded so weird and suspicious but he'd already said it. He wanted to come inside and see the man, but the last time he did poor Richards collapsed and he'd made it worse. Had the man been awake when he dropped him and caused further injury? He felt himself growing pink thinking of how much worse he could make things for the man who wasn't there for their conversation. He stepped back. "Yeah.. I just.. I mean.. I simply wanted to drop that off and wish he feels better. If he asks from who, its just.. someone from the church. You can do that, right?"