Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] The Great Escape [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'2"

She held as still as possible. Oh god, she had to sneeze. Listening to the slightly muffled conversation that just sparked up, she tried desperately to not think of the itch in her nose. But then her brother moved again and they were gone from that spot. She was glad to be out of her old room. She wanted to go be with Joe more than anything now. And where was papa? Where was he?

Pearl didn't say anything when Darius said what he said, knowing that they were not in the clear just yet.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'11"

Darius made his way to his room and dropped her gently onto the love seat. He walked back to close the door and began digging into a chest. "I think I have some old clothes that you can fit into. We hide your hair, and you will be good. I'll just lead you out of the house and no one will be the wiser. Just be careful alright? I can't believe anyone in the family would do this." He sighed and looked to her. "Will you be okay?" He hadn't spoken to her in forever and so much has happened, it seemed. No one ever told him anything and he was fine left in the dark but then it made moments like this frustrating.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"Yes, I'll be alright," she said. She sighed and closed her eyes for a moment. "What if he is coming to get me? Joe? I know him, he wouldn't sit by while something like this happens. He's more of a gentleman than our brothers certainly are." She smiled slightly.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

He pulled out some clothing from his teenage years and handed them to her. "Change and we will leave and try to find your husband so that you can return to him safely. You do whatever you feel best about this. I am sorry it happened. I don't know why they would do this to you." He shook his head and sighed, but he had an idea he thought this was too much. "I hate to say it, but maybe you should both take a small vacation out of town for a week or two so that they can't touch you.'
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

She nodded and took the clothes, "Thank you. I know I have caused plenty of scandal. I... I hate that this happened at all." She sighed.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius was going through his hats for a good one to hide her hair and tilted his head curiously. "Why? It wasn't your fault. You wanted to live a quiet life distance from the rest of us. I am sorry it has happened, and I want you to be able to be at peace." When he felt confident she was covered, he hugged her lightly. "I hope they will leave you alone. You deserve your happiest life Pearl. You've never hurt anyone."
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"I don't know why they hate me so... It's almost as if I am not mother's daughter... So why would they want me to stay here? Should I not be out of sight? Should I not just live my life? Darius, you are the only one to show true kindness to me out of our siblings. Olivia might have shown a little, but the rest? I don't want this in my life. I don't want greed and nasty fighting. As far as I am concerned, I don't want any of this except for my house and I will work for the rent, I don't want money or fighting. I just want to be free from this gilded cage papa has built around us all."

She spoke as she went behind his changing screen and changed into boys clothing. She didn't take long at all to come out. She was braiding her hair into two plaits so she could stuff them underneath his hat. She made a pretty boy.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius spoke as she changed, pacing his room in agitation. "I do not know. I don't understand it. But I've never understood them. But, I don't understand most people, Pearl. You are the only one sincerely kind to me. So I am getting you out of here, and then I want you and your husband to hide for a while. Whatever is going on, it should blow over. Maybe it's some scandal they've made up in their mind because you didn't marry someone rich?" He had no idea who she married, but he didn't recognize the name.

"Just do whatever you can to be safe, alright? I don't want you getting hurt because of the family's.. whatever it's going through." He sighed and when she came out, he grabbed her shoulders and looked at her. "Now, keep your head down and we will hurry out." He put on a cap and made sure every long strand of hair was tucked away. After peaking out the door, he waved her closer.

"Ok, let's.. be brave and go." He took a nervous breath and smiled. It would be ok, what was the worst they'd do to them? Lock them in a room again? He honestly didn't know and that terrified him.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

She nodded as he spoke, glad for his help. She put her head down and wondered if she could get to that secret highway without being spotted. Her heart pounded against her rib cage and Pearl was glad for her brother's presence. Thankfully, that redheaded fellow down the way seemed too dumb to realize that she was missing from her old bedroom. She held her breath and pressed herself against one wall when they came to a corner, peeking around one way and then the next.
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius tilted his head confused. "Don't act suspicious", he said quietly. He slipped an arm around her shoulders and smiled as he walked slowly. "As I was telling Peter, art is from the soul. And you can't expect anyone who just copies what they've seen to make anything worth the cloth it's on.. You get me, right, Caleb?" He said at a regular level as he walked down the hall, but kept his eyes around and hugged Pearl a bit so her face was hidden as they walked past the guard. "Sorry." He smiled and tried to keep going smoothly. "Anyway, so then Peter tells me that art is only as good as the audience for it, so I say.." he let his voice trail off as they turned the hallway. He wanted to glance back and see if they were noticed but was more afraid he'd be caught then.