Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Shopping for what? [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

117 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: her/she
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=366
Height: 5'5"

There had been a few days of working for Edward and the family, and she had found a kind of routine.  She would be meeting a friend of Angus's today to see about what she might use in her cooking.  She had already found that Angus was a good choice of the items that he had helped her get in town.  So, she felt this would go along nicely as well.  It was a lovely day, and she thought she would enjoy the outing.  She wore a light green walking dress with sensible delicate boots.  Her hair was up in a loose bun under a wide-brimmed white straw hat to protect her skin.

312 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: He, Him, His
Height: 6'1"

Angus had been unaware that the quality of the produce and meat he brought to the house was being evaluated by Vela. But he didn't mind when she requested a meeting with the farmer that he dealt with. So when he went to do his weekly run he helped load up on the cart and the two made their way out toward the farmland around Whitby. They trundled down dirt roads, stone and wooden fences running alongside them marking off the various farms they passed. They finally came to one that was modestly sized but clearly well-tended and as they made their way up the drive an older man comes out to greet them.

"Hey there Mister Mclean." Angus greets the man who lifted his hand and responded. "Ha thare Angus. Crakin' tae see ye, wha is this bonny lassie?" The old man gives Vela a friendly smile his brouge thick and hard to understand even compared to Angus.

117 Posts
3 Threads

Vela smiled from the seat and then moved gracefully to get down.  She had found Angus a bit difficult at times to understand, but this man was much worse.  Though he seemed friendly enough.  She had heard Angus say the man's name and reasoned that this was an introduction.

"Hello, Mr. Mclean.  I am Miss Rosewine.  It is nice to meet you."

312 Posts
2 Threads

"Weel awrite thaur miss Rosewine, it's crackin tae meit ye. Angus tauld me yoo're quite th' chef an' ye wanted tae see whaur th' scran comes frae. Thes farm ay mine isnae much but Ah hiner ye loch it."

The old man said smiling at her brightly. The entire thing was damn near indecipherable but thankfully Angus leaned into whisper to her softly.

"He said it's nice to meet you and he hopes you like his farm."

Which wasn't quite all he'd said but it was enough to keep her in the loop as they head over to a nearby barn.

117 Posts
3 Threads

Vela blinked trying to figure out what the man said.  She gave Angus an appreciative glance when he translated it for her.  "I am sure I will.  Angus has said you have great products and I am eager to see what all you have."  She smiled in response to the old man.

312 Posts
2 Threads

"Weel, that's appreciated. aye braw tae see someain tak' an interest in whaur their scran comes frae. fowk underestimate jist hoo much a wee kindness goes tae improvin' th' quality ay a crop an' we use 'at haur oan th' farm. make sure th' pigs gie some caller apples in their feed, 'at th' chickens hae a lot ay yard tae play in, an' we ur aye checkin' th' garden an' craps fur pests an' vermin."

Farmer McClane rambles rapid fire. The old man wasn't speaking clearly but he was quite animated and Angus was nodding along as they approach the barn. There a group of happy looking pigs are wallowing in a pen and chickens are happily clucking in a nearby coop. Angus leaning over to explain.

"He's saying the key to good farm work is to treat your plants and animals right."

117 Posts
3 Threads

Vela was completely lost as the man spoke, however, she liked the tone of his voice and he obviously seemed to really like what he did.  When Angus explained what was said, she nodded.  "Oh, I agree, completely.  I feel the same with the dishes I make."  She smiled warmly glancing around at the healthy environment and well-cared animals.

312 Posts
2 Threads

"She's seen th' animals, whit woods she loch tae see next? th' garden? th' fields?"

The old man didn't seem to mind that Angus was translating for him, even though it was clear that some of the details were being lost in the doing.

"He wants ta know what'd ye like ta see next."

117 Posts
3 Threads

"Oh, umm the vegetables, please."  She replied after a few moments of really trying to figure out what the man had said.  She glanced at Angus with a smile.  It was an interesting experience and she was enjoying the visit, even with the difficulty with the conversation.  "What do you have ripe right now?  I like to make side dishes with fresh items."  She explained.

312 Posts
2 Threads

"Och, we've got lots ay ripe vegetables at th' moment. tomatoes, celery, carrots an' th' loch aw jist abit ready tae be pulled frae th' garden. haur, lit me shaw ye thes way, thes way."

The old farmer said waving his arm and rather than translate Angus just indicate that she should indeed follow him and together they headed around to the other side of the house. There they found a massive plot that was neatly organized and laid out with a variety of root and vine vegetables that seemed to be in excellent health. Tomatoes, celery, carrots, alongside fresh herbs like basil, rosemary, and thyme all flourished well in the earth.