Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Work is more fun with your gal by your side [Market, Shops and Spas]

169 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: Him/He
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=372
Height: 6'8"

Lorn indicated a chair for Karen then he sat in front of the desk, as this was more the manager's office than it was his.  The manager updated Lorn on the monthly business and some things that would need to be fixed that were more than small amounts.  However, the stables were making enough to cover it easily, he just liked to let Lorn know before he did anything major like these items.  There were only two carriages that were older and either needed to be repaired or completely replaced.  He had suggested one of them should be repaired and the other one should be replaced.  Lorn nodded as he had been aware they were giving trouble last month's meeting.  Other than that it was normal information that was reported.

Lorn nodded looking at the ledger and suggested a thing or two, but mainly he was okay with what he was seeing and hearing.  He handed back the ledger and leaned back in the chair.  "What have you thought about that idea I spoke of last meeting about having one of the younger grooms study about automobiles?  My father back in Texas says they are really getting popular there and I have seen more of them in London and even several around here in Whitby of late."

The manager nodded.  "I think it is a good idea, though I doubt we will ever stop using horses and carriages, but it is good to be ready for the future.  I have talked to two of the grooms and they are both very interested in it.  I let her know you would pay for the classes.  We will need to hire a couple more grooms that can handle carriages, but I can handle that.  There is always someone looking for a job these days."

Lorn nodded.  "Once they are sure they can drive an automobile safely with passengers, I'll look into buying a couple for them to use here in town like we do the carriages.  We can buy or build a barn to store them in.   You would be managing that as well until you feel it is ready to set it separately from this business."  It was still a plan for the future, but Lorn felt it was needed.

He looked at Karen.  "Have you ever ridden in one of these new automobiles?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Work is more fun with your gal by your side - by Lorn Vaughn - 09-06-2021, 05:17 PM