Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] In Need of Mothering [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

325 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Alias: BlackAck

Before Lottie could respond to Anne, her husband appeared.

"No, not yet." Lottie answered, then had an idea. "uh Bill, dear, I need yer help in the yard out back with uh, the tub. It’s too heavy fer me. Excuse us fer a moment Anne.” There was of course no issue with the tub, it was an excuse for more privacy.

"Anne has just told me 'er father has kicked 'er from their 'ouse." Lottie began in a low tone. She continued "With Joe away, we have a spare bed, so I am goin' to offer it to Anne. That won't be a problem will it, William dear?" That last question wasn't really a question.

195 Posts
7 Threads

Height: 5'8''

"Kicked 'er from the 'ouse?" Bill repeated, once they were out in the yard and his wife had explained the situation. He looked back at the door as if he expected to be able to see through it and read the reason on the girl's forehead. " e can't do that. And why would anyone kick Annie Ward out?" He turned back to Lottie. "She's not pregnant, is she?" Someone at the station had said Ben's other lass had gotten into trouble.

325 Posts
3 Threads

Lottie shook her head, she knew exactly why Anne wasn't at home "No she's not with child. Such a sweet girl, hard workin' too, with that new job of hers. They're mad." a pause "so, she's staying?" Another question for which there is only one answer.

195 Posts
7 Threads

"If Ben's mad enough to kick 'er out... aye, fer t' night. But we should go talk to 'im tomorrow. 'E can't just put a young lass on the streets like that," said Bill. He looked down at the envelope to see if it was for Lottie, or for them as a family, which was the same thing and then realized it was for him.

325 Posts
3 Threads

"Thank you, Bill." Lottie replied with a soft kiss on the cheek. She didn't need to do that, but felt that it was a nice thing to do for a decent man. Leaving her husband Lottie rejoined Anne in the kitchen.

"Anne, dear, 'ow would you feel about stayin' with us tonight? We 'ave a spare bed."

629 Posts
22 Threads

Height: 5'1''

Anne looked up with hope in her eyes. "Oh, I..." And then she thought of how her father would react - either to asking, or to just not coming home. It would make things even worse. She remembered Simon sometimes not coming home an entire night and how her father had been livid. She did not want to be the next Simon. And yet she was already afraid to go back home. At least Mrs. Blacke would protect her, wouldn't she? "I... I don't think me father would like it much..." she said hesitantly, though she was also afraid of Mrs. Blacke withdrawing the offer.

325 Posts
3 Threads

"Leave yer father to me. I want ye to be safe and yer safe 'ere."

629 Posts
22 Threads

Height: 5'1''

Anne was both afraid to hear that and she wanted to hear that. But her mind was so full that at least she could not think about all the horrible things that could happen. She nodded quietly.

195 Posts
7 Threads

Bill appeared in the doorway, looking rather pale and nervous. "I'm off to the pub. Will be 'ome fer tea," he said and he walked away.

325 Posts
3 Threads

"Bill? What's the matter?" Lottie had been married long enough to see something was very wrong. "It's that letter isn't it? Bill?" she peppered him with questions.