Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] In Need of Mothering [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

629 Posts
22 Threads

Height: 5'1''

Anne sniffed, nodded and shivered. She bit her lip.

325 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Alias: BlackAck

"Now, ye sit there." Lottie rose and went to the cupboard and fetched the good cups for tea. She recalled how much joy such a gesture brought to Anne. Soon a fresh pot of tea was brewed, and Lottie returned with two steaming cups of ochre coloured liquid.

"Get some tea down ye, it'll make ye feel better." Lottie instructed.

629 Posts
22 Threads

That had given her great joy before. But now she did not even notice them. She took the cup and stared down at it miserably. "I'm afeard to go home..."

325 Posts
3 Threads

"Heavens, dear! Whatever makes you say that?" Lottie had seen a brief glimpse of the temper, but she had left the Cragg years ago and did not know of the fresh hell in the Ward home.

629 Posts
22 Threads

Lottie's reaction startled her and Anne hesitated for a moment. "Just that... he was so angry. It frightens me when he gets like that, but its usually not directed towards me. But it is now. And he doesn't even know yet..." She had to catch he breath and steady herself. She felt her lip tremble as she opened her mouth but managed to keep herself from crying this time. "I think I lost me job..."

325 Posts
3 Threads

"Yer father does have a temper, I saw it years ago. What do ye mean lost yer job? Tell me what happened. If ye can."

629 Posts
22 Threads

"It got worse after mam passed..." Anne said quietly. She looked down at her cup. "I... think I entered a room i shouldn't 'ave... the Earl.. he was in a state..." She was too embarrassed to say what state she had found him in. So embarrassed that her face coloured. "Gave me a start and I knocked over a painting and then the other servants gave me orders but I think I forgot half and then they sent me home."

325 Posts
3 Threads

Sounds like an artist alright, Lottie pondered from her own experience with the creative type. Her young companion seemed to blush at her remembrance.

"Was he filled with drink?" She was not against spiritioud licqours, like some people, but there were those who took it too far.

629 Posts
22 Threads

"Aye..." said Anne, glad that Mrs. Blacke understood. "And 'e... Oh I'm so embarrassed, Mrs. Blacke. E was... he had nowt on 'is legs." Would Mrs. Blacke think poorly of her now?

325 Posts
3 Threads

Lottie tutted softly. "Naked as a babe... an' filled with brandy... artists." Lottie assumed Anne was innocent enough to have not seen a man bare before "I don't think ye did wrong, It must have been a shock fer ye"