Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Finding a good match for the Vaughn family [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

169 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: Him/He
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=372
Height: 6'8"

Lorn looked at it and nodded.  "I will be hiring a governess and another maid in few years.  So, you will have company in the small cottage, but for now, you will have it alone.  The maid that will take over the laundry work is sharing one of the other small cottages with the other two maids we already have.  So, that one is full.  You will have the first choice of which room is yours.  Your rent for the room will be 4 pounds and a half for the year.   It is number one, Mrs. Pearson will show you where it is and give you a tour of the property then as well."

He smiled as he thought about Karen.  "She is a lovely widow with twins.  She works hard and reminds me to take breaks so I won't work so hard.  Apparently, I do.  Even Heidi, my daughter, says that."  He chuckled.

"As for the horse, working here, you will have access to either a horse or a carriage and a driver as you need on your days off.  I don't want you to feel like you can't leave without a long walk to town.  Unless you want to, that is."  He gave a friendly smile.

He got up to move over to the filing cabinet where he kept the standard letters for the staff ready to go as needed.
“Let me get you a letter that you will take to the address on it to have the seamstress fit you with three black uniforms.” They would have white cuffs and a white stiff collar. “Mrs. Pearson give you enough to make sure you have sensible black shoes and a white apron of your choice. Each Christmas, you will be given a letter to have a new dress made for you.”  He quickly picked up the letter and brought it over to give it to her.  "Should you not work out, you will be able to keep the uniforms as a thank you."  He added.  He was, as it had been said that he was very generous to the staff.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Finding a good match for the Vaughn family - by Lorn Vaughn - 09-05-2021, 03:20 AM