Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Finding a good match for the Vaughn family [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

169 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: Him/He
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=372
Height: 6'8"

"The final decision of course is made by Mr. Vaughn, and I need to check into these references of yours.  Likely he will have you on a probational bit of time to make sure you fit with our whole situation here, and once it seems you fit in and the references have checked out, then I don't see any reason not to take you on."

"But before I take you to him, you should be sure you are aware of what you would be expected to do and what to expect from us.  Mr. Vaughn is very generous with the staff and expects quality work."

"You would receive 20 pounds a year. Rent for a room is ten pounds a year. The smaller cottage is thirteen pounds a year for rent and the larger one is fifteen pounds a year. The maids decided to rent the bigger one and divide the rent between them.” She explained. Consider the fact that the utilities were paid for by Mr. Vaughn, the niceness of the housing, and the other perks, it was more than fair.

“You are expected to arrive ready to work promptly at 7 am each morning and would be able to go home once the day's assigned jobs had been done and after dinner to assist with last clean-ups of the Vaughn family's evening meal."

“Breakfast is on your own, lunch we eat together here at this table, and dinner is up to you. The cook and some of the staff eat at 5 pm. I have my own family working down at the stables below, and Mr. Vaughn made sure that we make time to have that time to be together for a meal.” She smiled. “You will have from 4:30 pm to 6 pm to yourself.”

"Mr. Vaughn gives everyone off work on Sundays, to be with family, religious needs, and/or personal time. You will also have one other day during the business work week that I schedule with each maid for the week. Mr. Vaughn knows that there is some times you will have business that needs to be done in town that can only be done when the businesses are open.”

“With you, there will be three maids. So, if you have a particular day you need that to be scheduled on, let me know and I would see what I can do, but no promises." She added with a straight look, to let it be know it was sometimes not possible.

"We have a laundress on the property you can arrange to pay her to do your laundry each Saturday, though it is Mrs. Calloway that will be marrying Mr. Vaughn. So, Molly, the youngest maid here will be learning that job and then taking it over soon as she is possible. She will also help here in the house once she had the laundry chores done for the day especially if there is an event or company. Likely there will be needed another maid once the babies get older, as there will be more cleaning to do, but we are working into that as it comes up."

"As for chores, first thing in the morning is to open the curtains of all the main rooms of the house, this should be done by 7:30 am each day. The list of chores of course is: dusting, cleaning the windows and mirrors along with polishing the brass, sweeping, and mopping. You will be assigned one of the three tasks for the week. I try to change it each week so you don't have the same tasks all the time. I know it can be boring at times, and it makes it so you get to know the house that way, in my mind." She commented. “And of course, as you do your assigned task, if you see something that is out of place, you are expected to put it where it goes. As the family or a guest has a need, that is to be seen before the other chores. That is a given.” She nodded.

"Molly will be doing staff laundering on Saturday, as I mentioned before. So if you want that done, that is when it needs to be delivered. If you plan to do it yourself, you will have to do it in your own free time.”

“Lunch for the staff is at noon. Mr. Vaughn usually will come up and pick Miss Heidi from the nursery to have luncheon with her. He lets us know if he will be eating in the dining room, at the stables, in town, usually, but sometimes he has it here with us." She chuckled. "That may take some getting used to. He’s an American, and a place called Texas. They are a brand their own, I supposed.”

"You are allowed a half-hour after luncheon (which generally lasts about thirty minutes to 45 minutes), to take the air or have some private time. The family evening meal can be from between 6 pm and 9 pm depending on what is going on. When the family is dining in, the maids serve dinner to the family and clean the table afterward. The cook and her assistance do the dishes and are in control of the kitchen. The curtains are closed for the day once the family leaves the table."

"There are now again toys or things Miss Heidi leaves out, they go to the nursery of course." She added. Then trying to think if she had listed all the main things. Looking at Delilah, she asked, "Are there any questions you have?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Finding a good match for the Vaughn family - by Lorn Vaughn - 08-27-2021, 06:31 PM