Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Finding a good match for the Vaughn family [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

169 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: Him/He
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=372
Height: 6'8"

Mr.  Tinkerman nodded.  He would have shown the young lady the side entrance but he knew that Lorn would not like that.  Mr. Vaughn was a different kind of man.  The Texan was more friends with the employees than a boss most of the time unless something was done badly.  Then the man could be stern, especially when it came to Miss Heidi or the horses.  Mr. Tink, as Miss Heidi had named him, actually liked the climate of the property.  Not that he would say so out loud. 

"Miss O'Conner, come this way.  I will lead you to the kitchen.  There is a table where we staff eat that you can wait for Mrs. Pearson.  She is the housekeeper and will be doing the interview."  He waved his arm toward the hall toward a few turns to the back of the house.  Mrs. Pearson was already there talking to Cora, the cook.  The two women looked up.

"Mrs. Pearson, this is Miss O'Conner here about the maid job."

Both women raised brows and gave the young woman a look.  Cora smiled, "Nice to meet you, Miss."  She turned to Mrs. Pearson.  "I will leave you to it.  I need to go get some things in the garden." 

Mr. Tinkerson gave a slight bow of his head to the ladies and went back to where he was working on the silver before the door had been knocked.  Mrs. Pearson indicates the large group table for the staff with chairs to the side of the kitchen area.  "Have a seat, Miss O'Connor.  I am Mrs. Pearson.  Miss Cora, the other lady is our cook."  She took a seat herself.  "I assume you have references?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Finding a good match for the Vaughn family - by Lorn Vaughn - 08-21-2021, 09:25 PM