Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] They Grow So Fast [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

536 Posts
15 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: Average

Karen had been busy for the last several days, having taken on more of a workload. That day, she had taken the day off and was humming away as she finished washing lunch dishes. When that was done, she went around the house opening windows, for it was a warmer day in March and fresh air would do the children some good. She was in good spirits for the first time in a long time. The children were five months old and growing fast, currently both lying on a few layers of blankets as they played with their toys or paid more attention to gumming on their hands or feet.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Height: 5'9

Gabriel didn't know if father Kemble had received bishops orders or was watching Gabriel closely on his own initiative. Whatever it was Gabriel had been kept busy with many mostly menial tasks and had gone through some trouble convincing the older priests to allow him to pay a housecall this afternoon.

Now he was walking down to where he had learned Mrs. Calloway's cottage was. Passing a window just as Karen opened it, he stopped and smiled. "Ah, good afternoon, Mrs. Calloway. I hope I don't call at an inconvenient time."

He still looked too skinny and unhealthy, something that was accentuated by his grim black cassock, but he looked happier, for he enjoyed the sun and smell of spring and the prospect of paying a housecall.

536 Posts
15 Threads

"Come in, Father," she said welcoming. She moved from the window to the door and opened it for him. He would be greeted by the sound of Harold going, "Ooooowaaaaaoooooo," and then making raspberry sounds and Niamh babbling away as both children kicked and flailed their little limbs happily. One could easily see she had done a good job mothering, for they were both well kept, well groomed, and quite happy.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Gabriel entered and looked at the children. He smiled. "My, they've grown. Last time I saw them..." they were coming out of her fanny. Gabriel pushed that very uncomfortable memory away. "they were so small and helpless." And bloody. He was feeling sick.

536 Posts
15 Threads

"They have certainly grown, haven't they?" she asked with a smile. Then she glanced over to him and took note of his pallor. "Are ye quite alright, father?" she asked. "Might I get ye some tea ta fortify ye?" She stooped to pick up one baby and then the other, each on a hip as she moved to put them in their bassinets.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

"Quite alright," he said quickly, when he realized she had noticed his discomfort. "Tea would be lovely thank you." He looked around. "This is a neat cottage."

536 Posts
15 Threads

She put both babies down and headed to the kitchen, which was within sightlines. She filled the water from the tap, as Lorn had updated the cottage to include indoor plumbing. The kettle was set on one of the unoccupied burners. On the other burner was a pot of stew and in the oven was a loaf or two of bread. The house smelled like good home cooking and lavender. She returned to the parlor and gestured toward the settee, "Please, do have a seat, Father Richards."

The twins continued to burble and make baby noises while she bustled about to get tea ready.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

"Thank you," said Gabriel and he looked around. If her employer's intentions were indeed honest, then Karen had found herself a good position. "Have the infants been baptized already?"

536 Posts
15 Threads

"Not yet," she said. "I haven't had a chance ta make that happen yet. I've had me hands full." The kettle wasn't long to start screaming at her. She poured it into the teapot and moved to set it on the tea tray along with two, bone china cups that were mismatched but pretty, nevertheless.

"And thank ye fer yer kind words of me house. Me employer is a good man ta offer me this space." She set the tray on the side table and poured two cups, one for herself and one for him. "How do ye take yer tea, father?"
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

"Just milk please." he said. He looked around. "It would seem he is," Gabriel admitted. "What is it he does, again?"