or Register?

[Complete] The Street Where He Lived [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

286 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Plotter: Joe's Jotter
Height: 5 feet 10
Alias: BlackAck

"Parents are good. My old man is kept busy on the railway, me mam is fine, though not down 'ere near enough. Ruth and John are away, but, ah, Kate's still here, gettin' older by the day. Rose was just tellin' me about the approaching happy day. Yer must be proud."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

"Aye," said Ben with a smile as he began to bait the lines. "Our Rosie's done well for 'erself, marryin' a baker."

Rose, set another cup of tea down in front of Joe and blushed.

Ben looked at them and a little frown appeared on his face. "Tis real good to see ye, Joe, but as ye can see we are quite busy."

286 Posts
8 Threads

"He's a lucky man indeed, this baker." Joe said, sipping the fresh tea. From what he remembered, Rose was a good girl, who would probably make a good wife. In another time, with other choices, maybe it could have been Rose the Railway Porter's wife. Anyway, Mr Ward's remark was a clue that the visit was drawing to a close. "Well, I should probably leave ye to it."
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose looked from her father to Joe, a little upset. She had just made Joe tea. Yet she could tell when her father was displeased by the tiniest twitch or blink or sigh, and she dared not protest.

She rose. "I'll walk ye out."

"Ye keep skanin' Rose. Ye need to hurry up with that," her father said, and he put a hand on Joe's shoulder and gently led him towards the door. "Pass me regards to yer parents. And do visit again after t' weddin'."

286 Posts
8 Threads

"I'll see you Saturday then Rose, Anne, Mister Ward. Thanks again for tea." And with little ceremony he found himself outside and by the pump. He'd forgotten how hardnosed Mister Ward was. At least Rose would be free of him soon enough, poor Anne though.