Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] A Rose & Her Thorns [The British Isles]

448 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: He, Him, His
Height: 6'4"

With their first evening of... well courtship was accurate though Quentin wasn't sure it was the most accurate term considering what it had entailed in full. So let us instead say with their first evening, and day, together over Quentin and Claire parted ways. The man saying that he would contact her shortly so that they could meet again. Two days passed as he made preparations and eventually a letter arrived. 

"My dear Claire, I hope this message finds you in good spirits. I have made plans for us to view The Royal Botanical Garden in London, let me know which day works best for you and I will book the train tickets and arrange a tour. Eagerly awaiting your return message, Quentin."

353 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'5"

When she received the letter in question, she was tickled pink. Her mouth curled up into a slow smile and she plied pen to paper to send a reply.

"Dearest Quentin, you will find that I have all the time in the world free and can go any time. The approaching Saturday should be a perfect day for this trip to London. I look forward to seeing you." She sealed it and misted it a little with the smell of Lilac, her favorite perfume.

Whatever day was chosen and confirmed, the day came and she waited eagerly for him. She wore a day gown of buttercup yellow, which suited her hair and completion quite nicely. Her hair was done in a smooth chignon, I dainty hat perched upon her head. She cut quite the fashionable figure.

448 Posts
2 Threads

A hansom approaches her inn and Quentin steps out of it grinning. He was dressed in a finely tailored three-piece suit in a deep navy blue that cut to his figure perfectly. However, he'd dispensed with any kind of necktie in favour of leaving his collar unbuttoned.

"Ah, Claire wonderful to see you, my dear."

He steps forward to take her hands in his leaning in to kiss her on the cheek. Perhaps a more affectionate greeting than she might have been expecting in public but he'd rarely been shy about how he comported himself.

"Train leaves in a half-hour, we should arrive just afternoon and we can get lunch and then spend the rest of the afternoon touring the gardens."

He gives her the rough sketch of the days plans as he helps her up into the hansom which takes off to the station.

353 Posts
3 Threads

She smiled warmly at him when he kissed her cheek. Her eyes did a slow perusal over his large frame and back up to his face with obvious delight at the fine figure he cut. "You are looking as fine as wine," she drawled out and touched his face with as much confidence as he had. Then she kissed his cheek as well. The subtle hint of the lilac could be smelled at that proximity, hanging about her like a gentle aura.

Claire walked with him to the hansom and was inside in no time with his help. Once he was in, she said, "How have you been, Quentin?"

448 Posts
2 Threads

"I have been quite well." He says with a fond chuckle as the hansom trundles along the cobbled street. "Busy, as I often seem to be. I had to catch a train in that arrived this morning to be here on time." He says with a shake of his head. He spent the bulk of his time in London but the train ride to Whitby wasn't terribly long, only a little over four hours. "How about yourself? Anything of interest to report?"

353 Posts
3 Threads

"I received a letter from my father. He wants me to go back home," she said, shaking her head. "Every letter he sent thus far has asked me to go home. Only this time, he's threatened to come to find me." Claire wasn't exactly surprised by it or anything. "He doesn't approve that I don't have a companion with me, I suppose."

448 Posts
2 Threads

"Ah, I suppose that does make a certain amount of sense," Quentin says with a soft chuckle. "Especially considering what you've been up to. Or whom." He says with a wicked grin as they roll into the train yard. He'd sent a missive that she should bring along an overnight bag, just in case. So the driver fetches that from the back as he helps her down to the street graciously offering her his hand. "I've got us tickets for a private car, we can eat aboard the train or wait until we get to London." The train food would be serviceable but not remarkable, they'd get better fare in London but they would then have less time at the gardens. He had decided to leave the choice in her hands.

353 Posts
3 Threads

"Oh, you," she chuckled at him with his grin. She didn't blush. Her eyes sparkled with merriment as they moved from hansom toward the train. "I think we can eat on the train." She wasn't picky about food. As long as she was in good company, she was happy. Quentin was good company. She looped her arm through his as they walked and smiled up at him. It was hard not to look at him.

448 Posts
2 Threads

Quentin carried both their overnight bags in his off-hand as they walk up to the train. He shows the conductor who gives a little bow to Quentin before leading them to a cabin. It was comfortably appointed with plush seating and a bed. A little cozy nook where they could converse easily without the need to worry about being overheard. Before the conductor leaves Quentin arranges for a pot of tea to be sent to the cabin presently and lunch service at noon. With that they are alone and he settles down as the rest of the passengers continue to board.

353 Posts
3 Threads

After they face the charming conductor, she settled in as well. Her eyes followed suit onto Quentin's face and she merely smiled a warm smile of someone genuinely glad to see someone else. "I have to admit, not seeing you for a few days had left me bored. I don't think I could ever be bored with you around," she widened her smile and gave an easy laugh. "I do declare, every time we meet is an adventure." She gestured to the train car itself and then tilted her head.