Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] I'm Rubber, You're Glue [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'2"

"I want you to write the truth," she cried out, standing up quickly with agitation. "What you wrote about me already can be considered libel since it wasn't true. My brother is already calling it that, don't you know? Why else would I come here, sir?" She didn't yell or lose her temper beyond that. She pinched the bridge of her nose.

"What if I bring you proof?" She asked then.

188 Posts
3 Threads

Gareth rose as well and put his glass down. "Then it would be all the more a matter for the police," Gareth replied. "Miss Carrington, if what you are saying is true, your brother might have murdered at least one, if not more people and is about to kill more people..." He couldn't help a mild shudder. He still liked to think that none of this was true, but the thought that it might be and that he had become involved in this made him feel light in the head. "Then it is crucial that he be apprehended as fast as possible, before he can strike again."
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"So you won't help me..." she said softly. "And what if the constabulary won't help either?" she asked.

188 Posts
3 Threads

"I'll help ye talk to the police if ye like," he said. He sat down. "Look, I know Crane ain't the most competent out there." He was an invertebrate, was really what Gareth was trying to say. "But he isn't the only constable. Why wouldn't they believe you, especially if ye have proof."
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

In truth, she was frightened of her brothers. She worried that if she told the truth to the constabulary, they wouldn't listen because Magnus would be likely to line their pockets with money. "You would do that?" she asked instead, sitting back down as well. Tilly merely sipped at her tea for a moment before speaking on the matter again.

"I'll tell ye why, Mister Scott... Magnus Carrington is a cad and would cheat his way out of a paper sack," said the maid ruefully.

188 Posts
3 Threads

That did nothing to make him feel more comfortable with this situation. He turned to the maid. "But then what good would it do to write it in the newspaper, if even they'd publish it? He'd just deny everything, and the police would ignore it anyway."
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

Pearl sat there for a moment, at a loss to what to do. "I'll go to them, Mister Scott. It will be alright." He had a point that she needed to talk to them, even if she didn't like it.

188 Posts
3 Threads

Gareth nodded. "Would you like me to accompany you?" He'd rather not get involved at all, but he had already offered.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"It might be wise to have a man with me." She said this without batting an eye.

188 Posts
3 Threads

Well, it seemed he would just have watch his back even more in the coming time. "Alright then." He picked up his glass and downed the rest of his whiskey at once. "Perhaps you should get that proof first, if ye don't have it yet."