or Register?

[Complete] Pinch a Pound for Cake [Pavilion and Fairground]
Vigdis the Darlin' of the Crimson Ghost

27 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Plotter: Friday's Fictions
Height: 5'6"

Vigdis pouted as she stood near the vendor, not quite able to obtain her prize. It was just a funnel cake. Did she really need it right now? She was supposed to be working, to be grifting. Her stomach growled again as she tried to convince herself she didn’t need the sweets. With a sigh, she decided she needed the sweets. The stomach wanted what the stomach wanted and who was she to deny herself something. If there was one thing she learned on the Crimson Ghost, it was that if you wanted something, you took it. Sometimes by any means necessary.

Glancing down at her skirts, she shuffled them slightly. Begging wouldn’t do. Sure, she could bat her pretty eyes and probably get what she needed, but if she was truly to play the part of Gentry, begging would be beneath her. Those big dark eyes scanned the vendor once more. Perhaps she could just lift a platter of the cake itself and keep the money for herself. Win-win, perhaps? Stepping to the side, the pretended to look elsewhere, while keeping a side eye on the vendor. No, they were handing out the dishes as they were ordered. It wasn’t like a pie sitting on the windowsill. She couldn’t just snatch one and get away with it so easily.

Then it hit her. Vigga knew exactly what she needed to do. She was young enough and didn’t have a wedding ring. She just needed another mark. Crashing into someone again wouldn’t do. No, she’d need a willing participant. Short heels clicked as she started walking slowly, making her way through the crowds. The noise was exciting and so foreign to her. Being on land was almost more of an adventure than being at sea. After walking for a bit, her eyes settled on Marcus. He seemed to be looking her way. Had he been watching her? One way to find out. By the looks of him, he was probably a carouser and may already be in the drinks.

“Pardon me, Mister,” Vigga spoke softly. It took effort to speak in the way the Captain had taught her when she played this role. Ladies didn’t speak like pirates. They enunciated their words and kept their chin up. “My papa only gave me a half of my allowance for the fair and I fear I’ve spent some and now don’t have enough for a funnel cake. I do so dearly want one. Would you perhaps have some coin I can borrow? We will be back to the fair in four days and I can repay you out of the rest of my allowance.” Grey Rob had spent a good deal of time reading to Vigdis, without actually teaching her to read. She was quick and clever and learned the vocabulary. She just hoped he didn’t catch it here and there when her accent wasn’t perfect.

"There are few things as dangerous as curiosity, for it is never satiated and curious people are always coming up with more questions to ask."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pinch a Pound for Cake - by Marcus Tillman - 02-02-2021, 02:25 PM
RE: Pinch a Pound for Cake - by Vigdis Dahl - 02-02-2021, 11:11 PM
RE: Pinch a Pound for Cake - by Marcus Tillman - 02-02-2021, 11:41 PM
RE: Pinch a Pound for Cake - by Vigdis Dahl - 02-03-2021, 01:13 AM
RE: Pinch a Pound for Cake - by Marcus Tillman - 02-03-2021, 01:54 AM
RE: Pinch a Pound for Cake - by Vigdis Dahl - 02-03-2021, 02:43 AM
RE: Pinch a Pound for Cake - by Marcus Tillman - 02-05-2021, 01:08 AM
RE: Pinch a Pound for Cake - by Vigdis Dahl - 02-05-2021, 01:34 AM
RE: Pinch a Pound for Cake - by Marcus Tillman - 02-05-2021, 08:58 PM
RE: Pinch a Pound for Cake - by Vigdis Dahl - 02-06-2021, 12:52 AM
RE: Pinch a Pound for Cake - by Marcus Tillman - 02-06-2021, 11:58 PM