Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Desperate Times, Desperate Measures [Market, Shops and Spas]

327 Posts
9 Threads

Pronouns: She, her
Height: 5'4"

"Boston, sir," she said softly. Her expression tightened slightly as a wave of grief tried to force through her. She did her best to regain her composure as quickly as possible, not wanting to burst into tears at the thought of how she was the only one left of her family. She set the carpet bag down on the floor neatly, and then took a deep and calming breath. She was alright.

She took another breath and then began, "I know you have questions to ask of me to see if I am a good match for this job, but I have to be honest with you before you ask me anything more. I've never worked before and I won't lie and say I did. While I was away in school, my family perished in a house fire." She looked down for a moment and it was clear she wasn't acting when it grew difficult for her to continue speaking. But after a few moments, she continued, "I have nothing but the clothing on my back and in this carpet bag... I sold most of what I owned, my better gowns and everything but the locket my father gave me. I have nothing left otherwise. I spent the last of my coin just today to take a bath so I wouldn't smell horrid when I came here. I have no references to speak of. If that makes it easier for you not to hire me, then so be it, but at least I was honest with you. I can learn all the things I need to do for you, however, if you would just give me a chance."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Desperate Times, Desperate Measures - by Philippa Danes - 12-29-2020, 11:53 PM