Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] This Town Isn't What It Used to Be [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

744 Posts
16 Threads

"Skipped...?" He hadn't heard that yet. Never mind. Thinking too much made his head hurt. He thought of going to the Wards. But they would be asleep by this time, since they rose early. And he wasn't sure he wanted Alice to know about any of this anyway. "Could you... help me to a doctor's..." He felt his pockets for money and groaned when his hands went through the sliced fabric... No money meant no doctor until he could get to the post office to get money out of his account.
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Pronouns: He/him
Height: 5'1"

Anthony decided to ignore that whole exchange, and immediately move on to the next topic. "Um," well, he would love to dump this man on some poor unsuspecting doctor and leave it at that, but there were a few complications. "well, it's awful far to the nearest doctor. And I don't have any money to pay for it." Oh, how he felt like an asshole just for saying that.

744 Posts
16 Threads

"I wouldn't dare to ask, ser..." said Tobias. "I think a whiskey and sleep will do the trick... It's just..." He took a deep breath, for speaking much made him sleepy. "If ye could help me up, and help me to me inn, I'd be eternally grateful, ser..." He coughed. How long had he lain here in the cold? He was freezing.
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

That idea seemed more fine, but he was very aware of the fact that showing up at the doorstep of some inn with a random bloodied-up fellow would be very, very suspicious. "Erm, I don't really think whiskey and sleep will close your wounds, but okay," Anthony said, deciding to shut up now. "Um, alright, let's get up, then." He gave the man that warning, and then tried to help him get up yet again.

744 Posts
16 Threads

Though he was prepared, Tobias still groaned when the man helped him up. As soon as he was on his feet, he put a hand against the wall and leaned against it, so that he would not have to lean on the rather small man. Now at last, he took a proper look at him. "Oh..." Last time he had seen this man, he had been trying his hardest to get away from him. "Hello..."
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Anthony let the man go as soon as it seemed that he could manage, but he was still on edge. He brushed a few stray strands of hair away from his face, and then looked back at the man as soon as he spoke. He flinched noticably as soon as he finally recognized him. "Oh. Yes. Hi." It was very uncomfortable, but he was focused more on whether the man was alright, than their regrettably poor past encounters.

744 Posts
16 Threads

Tobias was awkwardly silent, but at least he remembered that the only way he was going to get that whiskey to ease his pain was by getting to the inn. He could drink on tab and pay tomorrow once he got money. This man was rather fond of a drink, Tobias remembered. "If ye help me to t' inn, I'll get ye a drink..." That was what he had been after before, was it not?
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Whereas that offer would have pleased him at any other time, right now it just made him supremely uncomfortable. "Um, that's not really necessary..." Anthony said, trailing off a bit. He felt kind of guilty over the idea of essentially forcing this injured man into getting something for him. For once, he was doing something out of the goodness of his heart, and not because he wanted something in return.

744 Posts
16 Threads

Tobias was a little surprised. He remembered being extremely uncomfortable with the man's puppy eyes when he had been about to have his supper.

"Oh... erm... well... Could you help me get to the White Hart Inn?"
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

"Ah. Yes. Of course I can do that." Anthony ran his fingers through his hair and exhaled, thinking for a moment. "Can you, like, walk?" Probably not, was what Anthony was thinking. Poor fellow looked so beaten up that he was surprised that he could stand up right.