Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [Open] Reluctant to be Home [Railway Station]
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'2"

She had been away for quite some time at finishing school, and now she was just getting off the train to go home to see her family for holiday. The girl looked beautiful in her traveling gown, polished and refined just the way her mother wished her to be, but there was no smile on her face when she hefted one side of her trunk with a gloved hand and dragged it toward a nearby bench without letting a man help her. It was only clothing and some books, it wasn't overly heavy for her. She did not sit on the bench, but rather, the trunk and she took a deep breath as she relaxed.

She had deliberately told her family she wasn't going to be home for another week just so they wouldn't send the carriage for her. She needed time to sit and catch her breath.

Pearl was not prepared to be around her sisters, in particular, specifically the second oldest who had left school early to be married, only to be jilted and now was filled with remorse and it was just too much. Of course, she would never tell her sister to stop crying over that, she couldn't imagine having it happen to her and was glad she never found a love interest in a man as of yet... Even still, though, the emotion was much too overwhelming and one needed time to fortify themselves.

So she sat, peering down at her hands which were clutched together in her lap.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'11"

Pony had been in town for roughly a week. Things had been going well though he was sure he could do much better once he was more ingrained. He'd gotten into the habit of sleeping in his cart outside of town if he didn't find a lovely lady to spend the evening with. Seeing as he had overslept, he was letting himself lazily ride back in when he saw the woman by the roach. He looked her over and smiled huge. She definitely had money or at least came from it.

A very light tug on the reigns was enough to stop Jenny and he leaned his head out to call towards her. "Madam! Do you need a ride into town? I am going there myself. It isn't far but certainly far better to ride than walk the entire way." He offered and held out a hand to help her up if she wanted to take it.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

She looked up at the sound of a man addressing her, and her big brown eyes found his face and she gave a half smile. "I suppose I should take an offer for a ride sooner as opposed to later..." She stood up and took her trunk, dragging it forward, again not asking for assistance when she put it on the rig. She did take his hand to be let up into the seat.

"I am going to Carrington House... It is just outside of town, really, to the south. Thank you for the offer, sir." She tugged at the fingers of the soft kid gloves she wore, and then pushed at the fabric to push it back into place. "Could you take the scenic route, by chance? Or go slow?" She had such a sweet voice, a soft one.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony waited until she was situated before he gently bid Jenny to continue on. The woman's desire to go slow made him laugh. "She can't go much faster. If you push her, she'll get stubborn and stop moving all together. And I'm pretty new to town so going the scenic route is almost a given!"

He decided to let the donkey lead the way for the most part as they went down the quieter outside roads. "Might I ask, if you're not in a hurry to be home. What brings you here in the first place ? Just curious?" He glanced over at her with that smile radiating it's natural warmth with his boyish handsome features twinkling with curiosity as he eyed her.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"Oh," she said, "My family doesn't know I am home... They aren't expecting me for another week." She gave a sigh before continuing, "I just want some peace and quiet for a time before I get there." She glanced over to the man, who's handsome face was not lost on her. She gave a smile and relaxed knowing the ride would be slow regardless of whether she had asked or not. "I am Pearl Carrington," she murmured.

Her big browns looked at him without shame of having basically said she was sneaking up on her family. "What is your name and where do you come from?" Her interest was genuine, one could tell by the look in her eyes. The girl was definitely an inquisitive thing, well educated at the insistence of her mother, or so rumors might have said if he ever heard any.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony listened, barely needing to pay attention to where they were going. Hearing her name and being asked for his own brought another shining smile as he reached over with his hand to shake hers. "Ah, Pony McBride. I'm from Kilkenny.. Ireland. Ever been there? Lovely place." He kept himself cheerful as he spoke.

"I don't blame you. We all need our time to ourselves. May I ask where you've been? Perhaps left your husband for a few day?" He hmmed as he glanced over.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

She took his hand when he offered it and gave a squeeze. "I have not been but I have always wanted to go to Ireland. I've hear it's much prettier there than here." She tilted her head and then he asked where she had been. "Husband? Me? Oh no, I am not married. My mother wished to send me to finishing school before I found a husband. That is where I am coming from." She gazed at him with a smile. She wasn't a classic beauty, neither she, nor her sisters were blessed in such a way, but she had a cute type of pretty face that was girl next door... But boy, when she smiled, it was dazzling. Perhaps it was the fact she was a socialite and she was supposed to ooze charm.

"My mother wants me to visit for papa's 50th birthday, which isn't until next week... But I thought I would surprise him by showing up early..."
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

"Oh. A well behaved girl who knows how to be charming." I knew it! He thought with a natural pleased grin upon his face. "Oh it is very pretty, but I like it here too. And there's no place like home, as they say." He smiled as he rode on, the slight sway and creak of the cart was met with the rhythmic clopping of the donkey hooves.

He had to admit, she was kind of pretty when she smiled. The icing on the proverbial cake. "Well, I am sure it will make his birthday. What father wouldn't want to see his sweet child as soon as possible?"
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"Me? Charming? Never." She blushed at his words, clearly underestimating herself. She tilted her head and hummed for a moment before replying, "I hope so." And she seemed to become even more relaxed by the rhythm set by the man's noble steed. "Are you hungry? I brought a lunch along from the train and I think I may have grabbed too much." She pulled the small parcel of food, opened it up to reveal a hunk of cheese, an apple, and some bread.

She had not eaten breakfast, so perhaps her eyes were bigger than her stomach. At least, that was what it seemed when one saw the large chunk of cheese.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony chuckled as the girl acted humble. He couldn't say if she was since he didn't know her and humility was a deeply ingrained trait for women to have.

His attention was called back to her at the mention of food and he noticed the bounty. "Well, I don't like taking food from a lovely woman but seeing as you won't be needing it when you get home, and we are sharing... how can I tell such a pretty thing no?" He laughed and pulled the cart to the side so that they could enjoy a small lunch without all of the movement.