Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Feeling Like Something Matters [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

190 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: She Her
Height: 5'2"

Maddie looked up at him and chuckled slightly. "You can call me anything you like, really. I owe you that much. But, if it is what I like? Everyone calls me Maddie, I like it." She nodded. She ate slowly and was happy to just eat a quiet meal like this.

194 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: He/him
Height: 5'6"

Lou beamed at her, glad of the allowed nickname, and then continued eating. A companionable silence fell between them and Lou finished his dinner around the same time as Maddie did so. He dabbed at his lip with his napkin before standing and going to do the dishes, asking Maddie if she'd had a good day today and if there was anything he could do for her this evening before he headed to bed (which he intended to do so early, as it had been a long day for him).

190 Posts
5 Threads

Maddie rose her brow and she stood. "Now, Lou, stop right there. " She shook her head and approached him. "I don't need anything, but you need to relax. I will do the dishes. It is the very least I can do after all you've done for me. I get to do so little during the day, but you work hard all day. You should rest when you can."

194 Posts
2 Threads

Lou hesitated, but when he saw Maddie was serious, he gave a soft sigh and smiled wearily at her. "Thank you," he said and, after a moment, reached out to wrap his arms around her in a hug goodnight if she let him. If she did, he'd then kiss the top of her head ever so lightly and step back, offering another smile. "Goodnight, Maddie."

190 Posts
5 Threads

Maddie didn't stop him but she was surprised and blushed when he kissed her head. "Ah, what are you doing!? You're going to make me turn red as a beet." Her hands covered her cheeks and she looked up at him. "You're too good of a man, don't go making bad girls fall in love with you." She said it in a joking way though it was partially true, the way the guy got to her wasn't right. Her hand rested on his shoulder and she gestured off. "Go to bed. I'll fetch the water for washing dishes and then I'll go to bed myself soon enough. I have to get up early to make your lunch, besides."

194 Posts
2 Threads

Lou chuckled at her embarrassment, able to tell she wasn't actually mad at him and was only teasing, and he took hold of the hand she had on his shoulder. He squeezed it and gave her a smile. "Goodnight, Maddie," he repeated, stifling a yawn, "and thank you." He headed along to bed then, a little pep in his step despite his tiring day, humming an old folk tune to himself as he so often tended to do.

190 Posts
5 Threads

Maddie watched him leave for bed, enjoying his little musical moments. She smiled huge and grabbed her shawl to go out to get the water rather quickly. He was infectious and she began humming something as well, an old lullaby her mother had sung to her when she was very little and her mother was actually half decent sometimes.

She hurried through the dishes but made sure she did a decent job before heading to bed. As she passed his room, she wished him a good night though she was certain he was fast asleep.

194 Posts
2 Threads

Lou was asleep by the time Maddie poked her head in and wished him a good night, but as if his unconscious mind heard her, a small smile crept onto his face at her words. A dream crept into his mind, of the night he danced with Maddie at the ball, and he slept well, appreciating the memory.

190 Posts
5 Threads

Madeline went to bed feeling happier than she had in a long time. She didn't feel disgusted with herself or her life and could have actually nice dreams. She wanted to do something nice for Lou for opening his heart and home to someone like her, but she had no idea yet.