Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Left with Just Stardust [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

50 Posts
1 Thread

Pronouns: he him
Height: 5'2"

Gus nodded cheerfully as he shook her hand. "Of course, of course! The youth are always so full of energy. Such a perfect time to start forging your path towards a career. You seem like a sweet girl, I'm sure you mean it with your heart, Miss Anne. Now, the first days may be the most unpleasant as I must make certain you can handle this job. But if you are hired on I can give you an entire 12 shillings a week. Of course it will go up the more you learn and are able to do." He tilted his head and smiled at her. "What do you think?"

629 Posts
22 Threads

Height: 5'1''

That sounded like a lot of money indeed, especially to a girl who had never been entrusted with more than what was needed for a few groceries. "Oh but ser.... I do apologize. I ought have explained." She turned red, because she was well aware that she was probably wasting this man's time making such a strange request and she regretted coming here. "I can only work on Sunday afternoon and Tuesday evening. I... have a lot of obligations at home," she tried to explain, feeling truly embarrassed now.

50 Posts
1 Thread

Gus looked at her wide eyed. He turned away and seemed in thought, scratching at his head idly. "Well that does make a difference. Can we lower it to five shillings then? And you will have to work the entire time you're available. I expect my assistant to work hard and seriously." He gave her a smile that reached his small eyes.

629 Posts
22 Threads

That still seemed too much for her for such little work, and she was about to say so, but she stopped herself. This was for Alice. She couldn't afford to be polite and modest anymore. "Aye ser. I will work my hardest."

50 Posts
1 Thread

Gus nodded and smiled as he waved for her to follow. "Wonderful, if it is too much for you. Do not worry to tell me so. Most people aren't cut out for this sort of work." He started to show her around his small funeral parlor though luckily had no bodies at the moment.

629 Posts
22 Threads

Anne followed him around, though she kept glancing at Kitty for assurance. She wondered if she should not be getting home. She had left all that laundry unwashed, and it would have to be done tonight, and she would delay with cooking. But then she remembered the excuse she had and calmed down a little.

50 Posts
1 Thread

Kitty hadn't said a word, letting Anne do this for herself. Gus pointed out a few places she would be working while being his apprentice. "Do not worry, I will not make you do anything too.. frightening if I can help it. You will need to prepare for the worse though, in this job you ever know what you may find." He smiled weakly and started to showing her some of the tools he used for the body before checking his time. "Ah.. it is late. Perhaps you should be heading home. I will be waiting for you when you can come by."

629 Posts
22 Threads

Anne nodded, somewhat relieved. "Tomorrow night, ser... and... I'm not afraid of dead bodies." It wasn't a lie. Growing up in a crowded yard with a strong sense of community and mutual support, Anne had seen many dead bodies being prepared for funerals.

50 Posts
1 Thread

Gus nodded and looked at her in delight. "Then I believe you will fit in just fine. I look forward to you beginning to work for me." He showed them the way out and waved cheerfully. "Take care now. The both of you."

Kitty looked happy at the results and grinned at Anne. "didn't I tell you?"

629 Posts
22 Threads

Anne looked at her, excited, frightened, and in disbelief. "I can't believe he just hired me! And under such strange conditions too!"