Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Left with Just Stardust [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Retired Cowgirl

290 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: She Her
Height: 5'4"

Kitty smiled huge. "That's it. We should see if any funeral homes can use an assistant. It would be good money and all the people you meet are dead." She looked pleased at her idea.

629 Posts
22 Threads

Height: 5'1''

Anne looked at her with big eyes. "Fu-," She thought. It sounded crazy, but when she thought about it, the idea of dead people itself didn't scare her off - maybe even less than having to deal with the living. But still she knew it was impossible. "I don't think my father would allow it. There's all this laundry, and cooking, and looking after Bram, and gathering bait, and fixin' nets..."
Retired Cowgirl

290 Posts
5 Threads

Kitty held out a hand. "What will he do? You're doing it to help the family. As the father, he should help guide the others too. You are here alone. If you weren't here he'd haveta find someone ta do it anyway. So tell him ta suck it up until ya can hire a maid to help out with the cleaning and cooking. Maybe ya can help with the nets or he can try ta teach some other kid in town if they want to be a fisherman. They can do the nets for a meal or something."

629 Posts
22 Threads

Anne looked at Kitty with big eyes when she suggested telling her father to 'suck it up' and for a moment, she played that scenario before her mind's eye. It didn't end well. "I can't tell him that!" she said. But there was something else. "Do you think... there'd be a job I could do... Sunday afternoon, and Tuesday evenin'...?" Those were her Sunday school times. If father didn't know, she wouldn't have to hand over the money.
Retired Cowgirl

290 Posts
5 Threads

Her lips curled into a huge grin. "Only one way to know." She held out her hand. "Want ta find out together if they don't mind a part time apprentice. Ya might have ta get paid a little less but it's something and is fine while yer learning."

629 Posts
22 Threads

Anne looked at the outstretched hand, not sure what to do with it. "Alright..." she said. "She shook it awkwardly."
Retired Cowgirl

290 Posts
5 Threads

Kitty grinned grabbing her hand firmly and shook it. "Great, you just agreed. Soon as you're done cleaning up, we are looking for work!"

629 Posts
22 Threads

"I can't leave, Miss. This will take all day," she waved at the buckets and tub that still had a lot of clothes in them, "and then I have to cook!" She turned red and looked down. "I'm sorry. I suppose I am a difficult case, Miss. Me father says grand dreams aren't for simple girls, and I guess he's right."
Retired Cowgirl

290 Posts
5 Threads

Kitty stood though she winced a bit. She grabbed the girl's arm and started towards the door. "Oh noooo.. I think the baby is coming early. You have to come and help me.." she winked. "Your dad would never blame ya when a woman is in need right?" She pretended to moan in pain as she pulled her out the door. "Ah! I need ya ta take me to the doctor! I could fall over at any moment! Don't let my baby be born in the street!" She led the way, pulling her alongside with a smirk.

629 Posts
22 Threads

Anne stood looking at her in horror for a moment, and then she understood. This made her feel very wicked. And she loved it. Anne put the woman's arm over her shoulder and 'helped' her out of the house, out of the yard, where some people leaned out of their window to see what was going on, and into the street. "Where to?" she muttered.