Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] The Nightmare [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

536 Posts
15 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: Average

She gently lifted Harold out of the bassinet and turned to face Frederic, "If ye want ye can hold him. I don't smell any soiled nappies, I just think they want to be a part of the conversation." She chuckled and offered the squirming bundle, who gazed at Fred with wide eyes and his tongue sticking out of his little mouth. Karen very much wanted for them to share some sort of bond even if it wasn't father and son.
Frederic Mulvahil
Frederic hesitated a moment, but then very carefully took Harold Jr. in his arms. "Hello there," he murmured, carrying the child in a gentle yet firm hold. He couldn't help but smile at the little tongue and wide eyes the baby gave him, and Frederic felt his heart warm. "Aren't you a dear thing?" He rocked Harold back and forth gently, not taking his eyes off the boy, remembering when Clover was this small.

536 Posts
15 Threads

She smiled at him and picked up Niamh, who looked up at her mother with the adoration of an infant. "Ye just want ta be part of the conversation, don't ye?" she asked in a sing-song voice. She looked back up at Fred and said, "Thank ye... for all that ye have done." The clock chimed. She knew what that meant. She placed Niamh back and then reached for Harold, her eyes meeting Fred's and softening. "Yer son is probably on his way."
Frederic Mulvahil
Frederic nodded and let Karen take Harold Jr. from his arms. A soft smile appeared on his face. "I wonder what trinket he'll bring for you today," he wondered aloud, his smile growing a little, for he was proud of his son's sweet everyday gesture. He kept watching Niamh and Harold as Karen looked after her babies a bit more and felt the warmth in his chest blooming further. He knew at that moment that he'd protect and care for those twins just like he did for Clover, for as long as he lived.

536 Posts
15 Threads

"I know whatever it is will be sweet. I've kept his treasures in a chest." She smiled as she pointed to the small chest in the corner serving more as decor than anything. She put Harold in his bassinet and then turned to Fred. "He'll be happy with our choice?" she asked, wondering how the boy would feel knowing his pa was getting married to Karen. Her eyes held only slight worry that Clover would feel bad about it. She tried not to though.
Frederic Mulvahil
A smile grew on Frederic's face when she pointed to the chest, and it only became larger when she asked about Clover. "He calls you an angel," he said, reaching to hold her hands in his. "He'll be over-the-moon, I'm certain of it." He leaned forward and kissed Karen's cheek, then whispered sweetly into her ear, "And he's right in calling you an angel, my lovely."

536 Posts
15 Threads

Her face went red at his words and she smiled. She leaned in and gave him a soft kiss, then stepped away from the bassinets. "Ye'd better put yer shoes and coat back on before he comes knocking. I'd invite ye ta dinner but I have nothin' cookin." She chuckled softly and then stole one last kiss before retrieving his things for him. She wasn't in a particular hurry for him to leave, it was just that she knew he needed to tend to his boy.
Frederic Mulvahil
Frederic savored the last kiss Karen gave him before she got his things- which he promptly thanked her for doing -and took one last look down at the bassinets before heading toward the front door. Harold Jr. and Niamh. Frederic held those names in his heart as he turned to go, and smiled softly at Karen as he took his coat and shoes from her. "Thank you," he murmured and leaned in for one more kiss. And then maybe another. He could hear the school bell starting to ring down the street and he reluctantly pulled away as he heard the loud laughter and chattering of a hundred children sprinting out the doors into the chilly winter day. "Karen-" He paused, then kissed her on the forehead and finished, his heart giving a shaky sigh, "I love you."