Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Wedding Plans [The British Isles]

171 Posts
6 Threads

Pronouns: He, him
Height: 5'10"

Donald went quiet in thought for a long moment as he listened to the young miss speak of her sister so fondly and with confidence. He would have to give Percy babies, and he didn't mind that at all. "I want children too. I will do my best to make it happen." Though he knew it was up to God and nature to determin whether she would have his baby or not. He wouldn't know until after they wed since he had no plans on seducing her beforehand. He wouldn't make it all about the child though, he would make her happy somehow. He was determined.
Persephone Witaker

136 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She/her
Height: 5'3"

Harriet nodded, her smile still failing to falter. "I think she will be happy with you even if you don't have children," she said, rubbing her hands together to rid them of damp dirt, "she smiles at you nicely." Harriet looked up. "Like she thinks you're special." The girl turned away and examined the rhododendrons for any weeds, then added, quite matter-of-fact, "She only looks at me and you like that."

171 Posts
6 Threads

"I see," he said. "Thank you." He rubbed his bewhiskered chin and then gave his youthful smile to the girl. "You have been a big help, you know?" He would talk directly to Percy about it when the time came, he thought. He then wondered where Percy had gone off to. He didn't feel right about standing there alone with her sister for very long, it wasn't very proper. Still, he watched Harriet tend to her plants.
Persephone Witaker

136 Posts
4 Threads

Harriet finished tending to her plants shortly, and just as she turned to leave the greenhouse with Donald, Persephone poked her head back in and asked quietly, "Could I have a word with you, Donald?" Harriet, having grown up alongside Persephone, knew that this tone meant she was quite serious about what she was about to say, and so quickly left the pair alone in the warm greenhouse. The heat felt nearly stifling to Persephone as she stepped inside and she had to take a few deep breaths to accustom herself to the temperature. She reached for her fiance's hands and, assuming he let her take them, she glanced down and smiled softly at the engagement ring on her finger. "My parents want to have the wedding here, in London," she began, and hesitated before adding, "in a fortnight's time from this very day."

She looked up at Donald and her expression was clearly troubled. "Everyone on my side of the family is expected to be invited, and there's so many I-" Her voice broke and she flushed, glancing away. "Mother says she'll take care of the arrangements, but I- I'm worried about all those people staring at me." Though Persephone had never mentioned this, she often became incredibly nervous when in a large group as the center of attention, and she hoped Donald would be able to reassure her in some way, as well as offer his agreement or opposition to the wedding being so soon.

171 Posts
6 Threads

When Percy reappeared and asked for a word he said, "Yes, of course, darling." He watched as Harriet left them and then focused his attention upon Persephone. When she spoke of the wedding, he groaned inwardly since he had offered to take care of all the details. But he supposed that it wasn't up to him where and when the wedding was since her mother and father did have the last say in some things until they were officially wed. "I am sure everything will be fine. Are you alright with these plans other than people staring at you?" he paused for a moment and then exclaimed, "I know... You can look my way when everyone else is looking your way. I will be staring too but I am supposed to admire my bride." He kissed her forehead. "I am sure we can work it all out."
Persephone Witaker

136 Posts
4 Threads

Persephone stepped forward and put her arms around Donald torso, leaning the side of her head against his chest. She closed her eyes for a moment, listening to his heartbeat, and breathed in and out for a moment. Assuming he hugged her in return, she smiled into his shirt. "I'm alright with everything else, yes," she agreed, but added after a moment, "just so long as you are, too." She looked up, but didn't step back. "I-" She blushed. "I'm not very comfortable with large crowds when I'm the center of attention," she admitted quietly.

171 Posts
6 Threads

"Just look at me," he repeated softly. "Look at my face and it will all be alright. You don't have to think about everyone else staring at you." He wrapped his arms around her in a gentle hug. The smell of tobacco and mint leaves would reach her nose. He kissed the top of her head and murmured, "I love you. You don't have to love me back, but I love you. And when you look at me, you will see that, because I won't take my eyes off of you." He pulled back and lay a hand on her cheek, looking into her eyes. "It will be alright, I promise. And if it isn't, I shall make it alright somehow."
Persephone Witaker

136 Posts
4 Threads

Persephone's heart gave a flutter as he told her those three words in his reassurance. He said them twice. It made all the difference to hear it coming from him and not overhearing the promise (for what was 'I love you' if not a promise that you did, in fact, love someone?) mentioned to her father. Persephone took a shaky breath, inhaling the scents of mint and tobacco leaves, and strangely, these calmed her. When he raised his hand to her cheek, she reached up to lay one of hers over it, and watched his gaze for a moment before leaning in to kiss him. "Thank you," she murmured against his lips after pulling back just slightly, "for your words now, and everything else you've done for me."

171 Posts
6 Threads

He was pleasantly surprised by the fact that she kissed him. There would be a lot of affection between them, it seemed, if this kept up. Not that it bothered him one bit. He kissed her back and then pulled back with a smile, looking down at her with his warm gaze. "You don't need to thank me," he said softly. "You are most welcome, nevertheless." He took her hand and kissed it, then said, "What say you to getting these plans underway? We only have two weeks." Only two weeks and it was already happening. Of course, it was going to happen sooner if he had his way, but her mother wanted to see her daughter wed and he could not begrudge her that.
Persephone Witaker

136 Posts
4 Threads

Persephone took a deep breath, quite reassured, and nodded. Planning was something she knew how to do, and was comfortable with, and it would take her mind off her nerves. "Certainly," she agreed, stepping back after a moment, letting Donald still hold her hand. "Where do you propose we start?" As Persephone had never been to a wedding before, nonetheless planned one, she was mostly in the dark as to what decisions were required to be made for the occasion.