Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Too Dreadful a Practice for This Open Air [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Pronouns: He/him
Height: 5'1"

Anthony raised his hands very slowly yet again. "I'm— I'm not saying," he deflected her question, rather harshly. The last thing he wants to do is give this random thief his name. Can she please go back to threats, again? He prefers those over an interrogation.
Alpha Vidal
Alpha gave a frustrated grunt. This stranger was giving her nothing to work with. Widening her stance to look a little more formidable (they were about the same height, so she wasn't that intimidating in that regard), she waved the dagger at him. "Look, I'll give you my name if you give me yours." As if she'd actually give him her real name, but she was trying to bargain here, and lies and immorality were the only things that kept you alive on the streets, even if Alpha loathed to know and practice that truth.
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Anthony quickly lowered his hands again as she waved the dagger at him. "I don't– I don't want your name," he stuttered meekly. It was true — he didn't quite care about the identity of this person, he just really really wanted to get away from here in one piece.
Alpha Vidal
The noise Alpha made then was a half-snarl and a half-exasperated-sigh. "You really have nothing?" she asked, lowering the dagger further. If he was just as poor as she was, as she was beginning to believe he was, she was just wasting her time here. "Look, I'll let you go if you tell me one thing: how much is a train ticket outta this place?"
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Anthony wasn't about to question why she wanted a train ticket. Not his business.  He just wanted to know  why she's harrassing him. "I'm– I don't have anything and I don't know anything. Really," he said, basically pleading for this person to leave him the hell alone. And he raised his hands yet again, heading for the knife he had hidden away in his jacket.
Alpha Vidal
Alpha noticed the gesture toward his jacket and raised her dagger again. "Ohhh, you don't want to do that," she said, sounding decently-threatening even though she was getting a little nervous. He must have a weapon, was her assumption, and at that, she determined it didn't matter anymore. "Fine. Get out of here, and say nothing to no one about seeing me." Dagger still raised, she stepped aside and gestured for him to get going out of the alley, gaze harsh. What a waste of time this had been.
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Anthony didn't lower his hands or anything, though he did stop moving for a moment. "Say..say nothing to noone?" That was an unrealistic expectation. He'll have to tell his boyfriend, at the very least. These things can't go unmentioned. "I– yeah, I'm afraid I can't do that."
Alpha Vidal
Alpha waved the dagger a bit haphazardly in her exasperation and replied with annoyance, "Christ almighty, I'm doing what I have to to survive in this place, alright? And from the looks of you, you've taken a thing or two in your life. I haven't hurt anyone with this-" Here she gestured with the dagger. "-unless they went for my throat, and that was only once. Fella didn't even die, too. So what do you say you leave this alley and shut your stuttering mouth about anything to do with me!"
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Whereas before he had been considering just keeping things quiet and not saying a word about this, all chances of that happening were gone, now. "Yeah? Well– well, I'm not going to shut up, so–" his stuttering made him much less intimidating, "so, you should shut up or I'll go for your throat like you said."
Alpha Vidal
Alpha gave an almost-barking, harsh laugh. "Look, pal, like I said, I'm just trying to survive. There's no places here in Whitby that'll offer me work considering my, ah, sketchy reputation, so I need the cash to get out of here, make a new start if I can." She sighed and slowly lowered her dagger. "Alright, how about this: you give me directions to the nearest town, I keep my knife off you and vice versa, and I'll be out of your hair as soon as I can, ah, buy me a pair of decent shoes." The ones on her feet wouldn't likely last another week, and they'd never get her to the next town, wherever that may be, so getting a new (or 'slightly-used') pair would have to do. She would prefer to take a train, but if the nearest town wasn't wildly far, she could probably risk the trek. She'd end up hungry on the road, sure, but it had been years since she had a full stomach and she knew she could handle a little extra fatigue and hunger pains if it meant getting to start over.