Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] The Nightmare [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

536 Posts
15 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: Average

She listened raptly to his recollection of his childhood. Goodness, she could not imagine living in an orphanage. Karen nodded when he spoke of growing up. "They sound like lovely folk to be takin' ye in like that." She envied him a little for having good parents, but that was kept to herself. All she had as an example was her father, who was not a kind man.

"He must have been a good man to name your son after him," she commented softly on his best friend. She did not have any friends except for him, and he was more than just a friend now. He was her intended.
Frederic Mulvahil
A small smile grew on Frederic's face. "He truly was- I would even say he was the best man I ever met." He wrapped his arm around Karen's shoulder, the good memories of Clover (his best friend) swamping the sorrowful ones in his mind. After a beat of silence, he questioned, "Would you be willing to tell me of your childhood?" He didn't want to pry if she didn't want to, but she had been the one asking to get to know each other better, and so he expected a story in turn. Just in case she didn't, though, he offered, "If not, tell me of your dreams of the future."

536 Posts
15 Threads

"There isn't much to tell," she said with a thoughtful frown. "Me father was a doctor and we didn't get along very well. It's been Pony and me for a long time except for while I was with Harold... I suppose ye could call traveling from place to place with me brother is an adventure unto itself... He's a salesman, ye see." She was not sure she was ready to mention that Pony was selling snake oil to the good folk, so that part was omitted for now. "Since I don't have much to tell ye, I'll tell ye what I wish... I wish to settle somewhere for good. I don't think travelin' around with two babies is a good idea. Travelin' while pregnant was not so lovely either. I like it here."
Frederic Mulvahil
Frederic gave a small smile. "I'm glad you like Whitby," he said, though he was a little more than 'glad'. He and Clover had lived here for seven years, for nearly all of the little boy's life, and Frederic had no intention of leaving the town anytime soon. "Perhaps here will be where you put down roots." Well, he had no intention of leaving unless Karen decided to do so and allowed him and Clover to come with her.

536 Posts
15 Threads

"Well, I have a reason ta stay now," she said quietly, seriously. "I... didn't imagine this happening so quickly, but soon we will be a family." She placed her hand over the one that wasn't at her shoulder. "I couldn't tell ye how I have longed to have an intact family. If that makes any sense," she said the last sentence after a brief pause. She moved so she was sitting sideways to face him, her eyes searching as they peered into his. "I must talk to me brother when I see him next... I will need to talk to him first before we do anything. He's very protective of me, ye know? I figure if I speak to him first, perhaps it might soften the blow." Because it would be a blow for sure. There was going to be a fight regardless of the outcome. Pony would not like that another man had found his way into the picture, but perhaps he would be more accepting if he know that Fred was not a doctor.
Frederic Mulvahil
A frown came upon Frederic's brow. "Would it help if your brother met me in person? If there is to be a 'blow', I hope it won't be too harsh upon either of you." He didn't much care if Karen's brother's wrath came down on him, just as long as she was spared. He knew very little of the man and wasn't sure if he was the physical type, but if he was and he swung for Karen, Frederic wanted to be there to protect her. He dearly hoped this possibility wouldn't be true, but he was prepared just in case.

536 Posts
15 Threads

"Well," she said, paused, and cleared her throat. She was silent for a long moment before she went on... "Ye see, he won't attack me or anythin'. it'll just be an argument, I am sure. I would rather ye not see it and give him a chance ta stew before I allow him to meet you. We fought pretty badly when Harold was courting me and it was ugly. It will be alright in the end because he loves me and eventually and grudgingly accepts things." She fidgeted nervously with her hands, looking down.
Frederic Mulvahil
Frederic wrapped his arms around her and leaned half of his face into her hair, breathing in the now-familiar scent of whatever hair product she used. "If that's what you think is best... though if there is anything, anything at all, you want or need me to do to, ah, soften the blow, I am more than willing," he reiterated, hiding his smile-less face from her, not wanting her to see he was troubled by the image she was painting of her brother. "Is... is there anything I could tell you that may pacify him even the slightest if he knew?"

536 Posts
15 Threads

Karen leaned into the hug and sighed, relaing again. "Ye can speak on your own behalf when ye meet him. I mean, I will tell him the truth as I know it, but it would be better for ye to speak for yerself when the time comes. I don't want to talk about me brother anymore. Not while I have ye wrappin' yer arms around me so." She smiled and nuzzled her face into his neck. Somehow they always ended up wrapped up in each other.
Frederic Mulvahil
A small smile finally crept onto Frederic's face as she nuzzled her face into his neck. He fell silent for a moment, agreeing to not speak of Karen's brother for some time. He noted how they always seemed to end up in each other's arms in some way and a light flush crept up his cheeks. Truly, he'd have it no other way, he realized, and gave a gentle squeeze of his arms around Karen as if to reassure himself she was still there. "You are so wonderful," he murmured into her hair, half-meaning to think that instead of saying it aloud, but speak it he did.