Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] The Nightmare [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

536 Posts
15 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: Average

Karen sighed into the kiss and, for a moment, all seemed right with the world. And then it hit her like a brick that she was in his embrace in the middle of her bedroom, kissing him as if the world was about to end, to a man she didn't know that well at all, whom she just agreed to move in with and marry. She broke the kiss and looked at him. She wasn't changing her mind, but it was all very overwhelming indeed that this was happening. What if her brother walked in? Oh, bother her brother! He would just fight with her about it anyway, no matter what she did! She wasn't going to fight this time, she was just going to let him rant and rave and she was going to tell it like it was, that she was a grown woman and her choices were valid.
Frederic Mulvahil
Frederic frowned slightly when Karen suddenly pulled back. There was something in her gaze that told him she was overwhelmed by everything that was happening between them. As she looked into his eyes, he felt his heart sink. Was she about to change her mind? He shouldn't have asked like that, so soon. His breathing unconsciously synched with hers and he wondered with mixed dread and love what she was thinking. He hadn't exactly meant to propose, in truth, but now that she'd agreed, he realized he wanted to do it properly- buy a ring, get down on one knee, the whole shebang. And he intended to, soon- but considering how overcome with her thoughts Karen looked at the moment, he was starting to think he'd have to put that idea to the side, either indefinitely or, in a worst-case scenario, forever.

536 Posts
15 Threads

She took his hands, seeing that she worried him needlessly. "I am sorry, I am a bit overwhelmed. All will be well, it is just... a lot to take in." Karen did her best to make him feel better, hopefully, he would see that she was not about to change her mind at all. Her eyes were honest as they peered into his. She lifted one of his hands to her still-warm cheek and nuzzled her face into his palm. "I meant what I said when I told you yes. Ye can't be rid of me now unless ye change yer mind."
Frederic Mulvahil
Frederic smiled softly and brushed his thumb ever-so-gently over her cheek. "I wouldn't think of it." He leaned in for another kiss, a tender one, and when he pulled back after a long moment, his gaze was reassured and loving. He knew there were logistical things to figure out about this, but for the time being, he just wanted to remain here, in this sweet moment, with her and ignore the rest of the world. In a surprisingly lucky turn of events, Karen had her nightmare in the middle of the day, meaning Clover wouldn't get out of school for about another two hours from now. They had time just to be there, with each other, and Frederic was glad of that.

536 Posts
15 Threads

She kissed him back before he pulled away. Her head found its way to his shoulder again and she sighed tiredly. "Ye are still wearing yer overcoat... Gracious." She pulled away and moved to remedy that situation, pushing the fabric down and over his arms if he let her. Assuming he had let her, she would move off the bed and take the coat to hang it up. Then she would straighten up her skirt and blouse, for she had been napping when the nightmare came to her. At least she was dressed decently.
Frederic Mulvahil
Frederic let her take off his overcoat for him, smiling softly at her as she did so, and while she hung up his coat and straightened out her blouse and skirt, he found his gaze wandering over her body and he felt heat creep up his neck. When she turned around back to him, he pretended he hadn't just checked her out and said, "Are you alright?" After all, he'd come because her neighbor had said there was 'something wrong with her', and he knew that her nightmares were likely still floating about her mind. He wanted to make sure he'd relieved her fears as best he could before saying anything else or kissing her again- her wellbeing was his top priority.

536 Posts
15 Threads

"I am better now," she said and moved to sit down in front of him. "Thank ye for comin' ta calm me down." Her hands reached for his and she smiled at him. "I am sorry I was in such a state ta begin with. But I am not sorry about the outcome of this happening. Ye have taken away some of me fears." She paused and looked down. "There will be other times I have the nightmares and ye won't always be able to banish them away, and I don't want for ye to feel bad if that happens."
Frederic Mulvahil
Frederic gently squeezed her hands and offered a half-smile. "I know, Karen. But it doesn't mean I won't do everything in my power to help you get through them." He leaned forward and kissed her forehead, then leaned back, his smile appearing on both sides of his lips now. "And I will help you with your dear children. And the laundry. And the groceries. And the mending. And the cooking. And drawing water and writing poetry and dancing in circles-" He hoped he was making her laugh with his joking, but in all earnesty, he truly knew how to do the practical things he'd listed, having had to learn in order to raise Clover.

536 Posts
15 Threads

She hugged him for what he said about doing everything he could to make things okay. When he spoke of doing chores and such, she said, "I don't mind doin' chores," with a laugh. She had a very pleasant laugh even if it was subdued. She bit her lower lip and pulled away, not completely though, for her arms were still around him. Her eyes met his again and she was quiet for a long time, but not in that awkward way, rather, that companionable silence. Her hand lifted up and she touched his cheek. "Ye're a handsome devil, do ye know that?"
Frederic Mulvahil
Frederic smirked. "I know," he replied with a wink, then his gaze softened. He kissed her cheek and added, "And you're more beautiful that the prettiest rose," truly meaning his words.