Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] The Nightmare [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

536 Posts
15 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: Average

She did not know what he was thinking, but she was wishing that she could simply sleep. She Sighed and said, "I am so tired, I don't know what to do with meself." Her head moved to his shoulder again and she rested it there for a time. She wondered what he was thinking. "Tell me yer thoughts, Fred," she whispered, wanting to hear something besides the sound of her own voice as well as to hear something that wasn't frightening the way possession was.
Frederic Mulvahil
Frederic swallowed, feeling a little anxious as she asked him to share his thoughts. He wouldn't even consider avoiding the main topic on his mind, as he knew it would come out eventually. "I-" His voice came out cracked and he coughed, a slight blush creeping up his cheeks. "I was thinking... I had an idea. That could help you. I am afraid it would be much too forward, though, and I never mean to offend you or make you uncomfortable." He sighed silently and leaned his chin gently on the top of her head. He took a moment to recollect his thoughts, and a small tear fell down his cheek. He realized just how nervous he was and took a deep breath. If she requested for him to go on, he would, but he could feel his heartbeat quickening with apprehension.

536 Posts
15 Threads

She bit her lip. Karen wasn't sure what he was talking about yet, but whatever it was seemed to make him nervous. "Tell me," she said softly, laying her hand upon his arm. Her eyes gazed at him without fear or judgment of whatever he might be thinking. "Whatever it is, it can't be as bad as you think it is." Or could it be? Famous last words, right? She leaned in and pressed a kiss to his lips, just a peck.
Frederic Mulvahil
Frederic hadn't anticipated how just a quick kiss from Karen could reassure him so much, but when it did, he was able to slow his heart rate enough to go on. "Well, I-" He took a deep breath. "IwasthinkingperhapsifyouwanthelpwiththebabiesCloverloveschildrenasdoIandI'mraisingonerightnowsoIknowhowitisandI- Iwasthinkingmaybewecouldmoveinwithyouorviceversa." Only after he was done speaking did Frederic realize just how quick he'd said that and he winced, his whole body tensed up as he waited for her to say something, anything in the silence that followed.

536 Posts
15 Threads

"Is that a proposal?" she asked, wide-eyed. She knew he hadn't asked her to marry him but it was a fact that they would have to consider doing such a thing if they wanted to live together. She found herself not opposed to the idea of living with him, but it was all happening so quickly that she wasn't sure yet what to say. Then she bit her lip, quiet for a long moment. When at last, she spoke, she said, "Yes." And then she blinked a few times and went on to say, "I mean, ye would have to meet me brother first. He lives here too." He would probably have a coniption fit either way you looked at it.
Frederic Mulvahil
Frederic's breath, halfway through an inhale, halted when she asked if he meant this as a proposal. He hadn't exactly meant it precisely as that (though he'd certainly been thinking about it someday), but now that he thought of it, it would be considered incredibly improper for them to live together unwed. When she said 'yes', his breathing, although now shaky, resumed. Frederic nodded, but then realized the way they were curled up together, she wouldn't be able to see that and so murmured, "Yes, of course." He felt as though most of his words had been stripped away and he didn't know what else to say. He closed his eyes and focused on his breathing. If he was this anxious right now, then how was Karen taking this? He felt his mind starting to swirl. She said 'yes', but surely that wasn't her only thought. God, if only he knew what she was thinking in this moment. Ironic, really- he'd sprinted here to aide Karen, and now he was the one in need of reassurance.

536 Posts
15 Threads

She pulled back to look at him, her eyes searching for a moment while she thought. When at last she spoke, she said, "Yes..." Her hand moved up to his face, "If ye're sure about it, we can live together... And..." She paused, implying it was a yes to marriage too, and tilted her head forward without breaking eye contact, "Only if ye're sure, Frederic." She bit her lip worriedly, knowing what inviting him into her home or vise versa meant but worried that he would change his mind, for this was all a lot to take in and breathe.
Frederic Mulvahil
Breathing was all Frederic could muster for a long moment as Karen gazed at him. His mind raced. He could hardly believe such a thing like this was happening, but out of all the emotions swirling about his head, joy was the most prominent. He knew by now that his dreams had changed from before he met Karen- now, along with wanting to raise his son the very best he could, he wished to be able to care and love Karen until the day one of them passed on from this life. Knowing this wasn't the right moment for a kiss, he held back when she bit her lip and drew his attention there. "Only if ye're sure, Frederic." The sound of his name rolling off her tongue surprisingly reassured him more than anything she'd said, and for the first time in many minutes, a smile appeared on his face. "Karen..." He closed his eyes for a brief moment, and when he opened him, he hoped she could see the love he held in his heart for her. "I have two dreams in this life: to raise my son to be a good man, and to care for you and your family however I can. Because I- Because I am falling in love with you. Deeply."

536 Posts
15 Threads

There was a shuddering sigh. She nuzzled her face back against his neck, her arms around him under his arms as she curled up in his lap. "I think I am fallin' in love with ye too, Fred," she mumbled against his neck. With that, she pulled her face back to look into his eyes again, "I have been since we met. I know it is wrong but the heart wants what it wants." She sighed and touched his face with a finger, wanting more than anything just to kiss him. So she did.
Frederic Mulvahil
Indeed, the heart did want what it wanted. And Fred's heart yearned for Karen. When she kissed him, he almost smiled intoit immediately, his joy at her response nearly breaking the kiss just as it started, but he managed to hold it back and gently run his hand through her hair as he responded to the kiss. He felt quite at peace in this moment, with her curled up in his lap and her lips on his, and he tried to remember every second of it. It was clear to him now that Karen's nightmares were fading from her mind, and he was very glad of it, although he realized with slight amusement that he'd taken her mind off them with a rather-risky proposition that had paid off beautifully. Ah, yes, he really was in love, for the first time in many years, and it was wonderful.