Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] A Warm Reunion On A Chilly Morning [Market, Shops and Spas]
Frederic Mulvahil
The marketplace was not as busy as it usually was this time of day, Frederic noticed, pulling his coat tighter around him, and for good reason- it was freezing outside; the wind had picked up overnight and now blew frigid air across the town from the sea. The clocksmith strolled around the market, buying the usual necessities as well as the gift of a cookie for his son Clover, but his true purpose here was to encounter Karen. Ever since the moment they'd shared in his shop, the moment that changed everything for Frederic, he'd been aching to see her again, and in the week that had passed since, he hadn't seen her around town nor had the nerve to go to her house to see her. He had a good feeling about today, though, and so had brought the pie tin of the shepherd's pie she'd made for him and Clover that day to the market in his bag, he was that confident he would see her here today.

And his intuition proved to be correct, as he spotted her by the frozen fountain just a few minutes after buying that cookie. His first instinct was to sneak up behind her, tap her on the shoulder, and pick her up when she turned to see who it was and twirl her in a circle while saying something witty, but he quickly decided against that and instead approached the same vendor, 'accidentally' laying his hand on the same item she reached for at that moment and smiling affectionately when she looked to him, the warmth in his smile a striking contrast to the freezing wind swooping through the marketplace and blowing around his scarf and hair.

"Fancy seeing you here, Miss Calloway," he said, careful to remain merely polite in public company despite their newfound relationship that they had yet to put a label on.

536 Posts
15 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: Average

She had been thinking about Frederic more than she should, she thought in bemusement as she browsed the wares of one vendor. In the week that followed those kisses, those glorious, soul-stealing gestures, she had stayed home and out of the public eye and kept to herself. It was all so overwhelming and she needed to take the time to think about things. It was clear that he wanted a relationship with her beyond just friendship, and it was true that she liked the idea, but it was a little frightening that it was all happening in a whirlwind. Karen thought about writing a note to invite him over, but she chickened out every time.

Now she was doing some retail therapy, let's be honest, and it was his hand that came into view. She looked up and said, "Mister Mulvahil." His very name on her lips was like sin, she thought as she gazed at the widower. It didn't take much at all to see the attraction between the two of them.
Frederic Mulvahil
Ah, there was that voice, those lips, those eyes that he hadn't been able to get out of his head all week. Frederic's eyes crinkled up a little as he smiled at her and dropped his hand from on top of hers almost reluctantly. "A pleasure as always," he said and stepped back for a moment to let her purchase what she needed to. Once she'd done so, he offered her his arm and remarked, quiet enough that no one could overhear but at a volume that Karen could still hear, "And I truly mean that." Why not flirt a little? After all, what else was supposed to come of these feelings? Frederic tilted his head up at two albatross flying above and the breeze blew his relatively-long hair in a fanciful way around his head. "I have your pie tin, in my satchel," he remarked, glancing at her out of the corner of his eye as he remembered gladly what had come of her bringing over that shepherd's pie.

536 Posts
15 Threads

She gave a soft smile as he stepped back so she could purchase the sewing supplies she needed. When he spoke to her softly about meaning what he said, pink found her cheeks. "I could say the same," she said and took his offered arm. Her eyes twinkled a little when he said he had her pie tin and she grinned. "Ye were plannin' on comin' to see me today, then?" She liked that he was flirting with her, and flirted right back automatically.
Frederic Mulvahil
A grin crept onto Frederic's face when she took his offered arm. "I had a good feeling about taking a walk to the marketplace this afternoon," he said truthfully, then turned his head toward her and winked, careful not to let any passerby see. "Though if I had not seen you here, I would have knocked on your door to drop it off." And to steal another kiss or two, but he couldn't exactly say that at this moment. "Where to, Miss Calloway?" he asked, letting her take the lead, and reluctantly tore his gaze away from her entrancing eyes when she started walking.

536 Posts
15 Threads

"Oh, I see," she said with a chuckle. "Well, here I am. It's providence, yes?" Karen chuckled a second time. She blushed prettily, asking, "Have ye ever had Scotch Eggs?" She pointed to the vendor who sold them. They were her favorite food and she had craved them a lot while she was pregnant. "If not, ye're in for a treat." She walked toward the vendor on his arm, knowing he would follow because he told her to lead the way. Upon arriving at that vendor, she said, "Four, please." The vendor grinned because Karen Calloway was his best customer and now she had someone with her that might spread the word too. "'Ere ye are, miss." He wrapped them in paper and offered them over. Karen paid for the treat and took them from the bearded man.
Frederic Mulvahil
Frederic beamed at Karen as she paid for the eggs. What a treat! "No, I have never had a Scotch Egg before," he admitted and, if she offered him one, he took it with a thanks and a genuinely warm smile. He felt an urge to kiss her cheek, but he held back for propriety's sake. Frederic glanced around the marketplace. He wanted to get her something now, but he wasn't sure what. If something caught her eye, though, he'd be sure to purchase it for her. Gifts, after all, whether physical or not, were always sweet gestures, were they not?

536 Posts
15 Threads

"Take one for ye and one fer Clover," she said. "Or one for now and one for later." Her eyes danced with amusement. He was presented with boiled eggs wrapped in ground sausage, rolled in bread crumbs and fried. It was delicious. "Tis me favorite. I get some every time I come to market. Sometimes I me brother will bring me some when he gets home from work." She put one of hers in her basket, still in the paper it had been wrapped in. She took a bite and sighed in content. Her healthy appetite made hers disappear in several bites. She wiped her fingers clean on a handkerchief and did the same to her lips with a soft giggle like she was causing mischeif just to be eating such food.
Frederic Mulvahil
Frederic took a bite of the still-hot fried egg a moment after Karen did as if he wasn't sure whether or not he should eat it then- but when he tasted the scrumptious food, he couldn't stop eating it. It was delicious! He finished about the same time as Karen and smiled softly at her as she gave a little giggle. He too felt a little high-spirited, not from the food, specifically, but from being beside Karen and spending this chilly afternoon with her. Speaking of- the wind was starting to pick up again as they continued walking arm in arm, and Frederic kept having to brush his hair out of his face with a grumble. If only he had a ribbon or something to hold it back, then perhaps this mild inconvenience would no longer trouble him. Alas, he owned no such thing, as society considered ribbons in hair nowadays to be more for women rather than men, even those with longer hair such as him.

536 Posts
15 Threads

She was happy that he liked the food, smiling at him with a wide grin. "They are delicious, aren't they?" And then the wind seemed to pick up and it was chill. My, but what a cold day, she thought as she shivered a little. Her cape was not enough to keep her warm it seemed. She would have rubbed at her arms if her hands had been free. "It seems ta be colder than anticipated today. Brr."