Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] School's Out! [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]
Clover Mulvahil
Clover wouldn't look at his father as he spoke. "Big men, scary men, they came and took my coat, and pushed me and Bram into the mud, and ran." He sniffled. "Thank you for the coat, Pa," he said, glad at least a little good came from his lies but still frightened that someone would find out he was lying and his father would get mad at him.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah nodded but then as the story was retold, he looked wide eyed. "Bram? Bram Ward? Oh my, I will have to go speak to him and make sure he is alright." He looked towards the father to explain, "He is Maggie's baby brother. I know him quite well. Perhaps he can give me a better description of the men."
Clover Mulvahil
Clover poked his head up. "Bram was there, Bram!" he said, not making much sense other than reiterating that the nine-year-old boy was there with him when the 'incident' 'happened'. He buried his face in his father's shoulder. "I want to go home, Pa," he said quietly.
Frederic Mulvahil
Frederic nodded and smiled grimly at Constable Crane. "Thank you again, Constable," he said and pulled his coat around him with one hand, still holding Clover. "I think I should get my boy home, to rest-" He lowered his voice and covered one of Clover's ears with a hand, as the other was pressed against his shoulder. "-and to get some answers." His normal volume of voice returned and he went on, "Is there any paperwork I need to do before we go?" As Frederic hadn't ever needed to file a report or whatnot, he wasn't sure what was required of him in this situation.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah ah'd and nodded quickly picking up a couple of papers and putting it on a board and brought it to him to sign. "Just that you came to pick him up, and then here that if the men are found you want to press charges.'
Frederic Mulvahil
Frederic filled out the form, then paused when it came to pressing charges. "What sort of charges?" he asked. Whoever had targeted his little boy needed to pay- but being a compassionate soul, he wanted to know what the felony committed was worth to the law.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah shrugged. "Well, it depends on what happened. I mean if they stole it because they had a child that needed it, I will just make them work community service. But if it was something more malicious, than I think it deserves harder punishment." He smiled weakly. "I try to be a very fair man. I might not be perfect but I do not want people in hard times to suffer more than necessary. Do you think I should be harder on them? He isn't hurt though I certainly don't want to open a gateway to people thinking they can bully children.'
Frederic Mulvahil
Frederic smiled. He regretted not having met the constable before, he seemed a just and fair fellow. "What you have in mind sounds fair. I trust your judgement, Constable." He then signed the rest of the paper and took a step back. In his arms, Clover seemed to have fallen asleep, likely worn out from the afternoon's events. "Thank you," Frederic told the constable once more, then turned to go, wrapping his jacket around Clover to keep his son warmer than he would with only the new blue coat around him. "Oh!" He turned back. "Would you mind giving me Miss Maggie's address? I'd like to send her a thank you letter for bringing my son here."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah looked up as the man spoke before he left. "Ah..' He smiled weakly. He took a moment and wrote it down. He wondered briefly if he should trust a stranger with her address, but he seemed kind and honest with a good reason to know it. Maggie would probably like the surprise. "Here you are." He handed it over. "I'm sure she'll be delighted to hear how it turned out.'
Frederic Mulvahil
Frederic nodded graciously. He felt like saying thank you again would overdo it, so instead he parted with the words of, "I appreciate what you and Miss Maggie have done for my son and I today." He then left the police station with a very-much-asleep Clover in his arms and a sinking feeling in his heart. Was this really what Whitby was coming to? The thought of leaving behind this town crossed his mind, but he shook it away. He could never do that to Karen, or to Clover himself, who'd grown up all his life here. No, Frederic determined, he'd just have to teach Clover a few ways to defend himself and deal with what came. Glancing down at his son, he noticed with a frown that there was dried blood on his upper lip, having come down from his nose. Frederic's anger swelled. Had the robbers punched his son? He hoped it was merely a fall or nerves that caused Clover a bloody nose, but he couldn't be sure until he talked to his son at home.