Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] School's Out! [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]
Clover Mulvahil
Clover nodded and took a seat, his legs dangling down because of his short height. "Thank you," he murmured again and drank the mostly-cream-and-sugar tea in silence.
Frederic Mulvahil
Frederic's jaw dropped for just a moment, then he snatched up his jacket and a smaller coat that he'd been keeping away to give to Clover this weekend when he told the boy something very important. "Thank you for coming- and for finding Clover-" He was nearly trembling as he hurried out the door, locking up the shop in a harried manner. "Thank you!" He made a note to find out the girl's name from the constable and send her a proper thank you letter later.

24 Posts
2 Threads

Maggie followed the man for a few steps, but he was much faster than she was. She decided there was no point in going back to the police station. She would hear the story later from Elijah, no doubt, but there was no use for her there now, and she had a baby in her mother-in-law's care she needed to pick up. And so she went back to her yard.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah shook his head and smiled. "It's my job, don't worry about it. I am just sorry about what happened, it must have been terrifying. I am glad you aren't hurt though." He continued to write things down. "How long have you lived in Whitby? Have you been happy here otherwise?" He thought perhaps asking other questions would help get the boy's mind off the traumatic event.
Clover Mulvahil
Clover blinked twice and swallowed a sip of tea. "All my life," he replied, "and I like it here." Then again, he had nothing to compare it too, and this was the first 'traumatic event' he'd been through- even though it was all made up. He was starting to believe it now, even, and the thought made him blush.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

"I'm sorry we haven't met until now then. " He nodded and smiled, "though I suppose that's a good thing. Usually having to see the constable is a bad thing, such as today. Though a stolen coat isn't the worst by far. It is still a very bad thing that will be dealt with. After your father comes for you, I can go out and look for the men who stole it." He looked over his notes. 'You did say it was red right? Did it have buttons?"
Clover Mulvahil
Clover nodded again and again. "Red. Very red. Like..." He searched for a descriptor, then pointed at something colored a deep crimson on the constable's desk. "That red! With black buttons." It was a very old coat, as well, and barely fit Clover. Thinking about it, he shivered. Just then, the door opened and he looked up to see his father enter the building, his face red and eyes wide. Clover ran and threw his arms around his Pa, spouting nonsense about Bram and his coat and mud and robbers in his relief to see his Pa.
Frederic Mulvahil
Frederic knelt as Clover went on and on and wrapped his son in a tight hug. He stood up, Clover still in his arms and now falling silent, and panted, having sprinted over here from his shop. "Thank you for looking after him, Constable," he said, and after a moment of regaining his breath, he spouted out questions, "What happened? What was the name of the girl who brought him here, I need to thank her- who were the ruffians that-" He paused and calmed himself, then reiterated, rocking a now-silent Clover in his arms to comfort them both, "What happened?"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah rose to shake the man's hand after listening to him. "I am sorry we had to meet under these circumstances. Constable Crane. I don't know who was responsible for such a mindless act. I will go find out soon and recover his coat. As for who.. You must mean Maggie. As for what happened..' He shrugged. "I only know what your son has told me. I honestly do not know why they stole it, perhaps one of them has a child who needed a coat and they couldn't afford it. Or they were just some men who had spend their morning in a bar and were up to mischief. I'll find out soon.'
Frederic Mulvahil
Frederic nodded and set Clover down, just now realizing his son was covered in mud and shivering. He quickly pulled out a large scrap of cloth from his pocket and cleaned off what mud he could, then offered his son the new coat, a dark blue one with brass buttons. Clover gasped and put it on, tears appearing in his eyes, and then hugged his father. Frederic picked him up again and turned to speak to Constable Crane. "Frederic Mulvahil," he said as a late introduction, "thank you again." He then looked to his son. "Clover? What happened?"