Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] The Wedding [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah sighed. "Your father has had a lot of difficulties in his life and has trouble trying to raise all of his children. He just wants you to do well and be happy and things aren't going as well as he wishes. He is trying his best, I believe that."

70 Posts
0 Threads

"I know. It's Alice who is ruining things."

"You're ruining things for being a stuck up twit." Bram commented, still running around.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

"Guys, it isn't Alice who is ruining things. She is just a girl and she is suffering. You know your sister never would want to hurt you or to 'ruin things'. Please, sometimes things happen and go wrong and we don't think of how it effects others because we are too busy focusing on how it effects ourselves. It doesn't mean we don't care about others, but one can only focus on so much at one time."

70 Posts
0 Threads

Will glared at Bram, but he looked back to Elijah when the constable spoke. "Still shouldn't have disobeyed father in the first place..." he muttered.

"Alice isn't going to give you any money, because you're mean." Bram commented.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah looked between the two and shook his head closing his eyes a moment as he thought about what he was like as a child. "People make mistakes. I am sure you both will make some mistakes in your time. I've made mistakes myself. " He looked towards Bram and smiled weakly. "Please don't think of your sister as someone who gives out money, she is your sister. " A small worry came to him that perhaps the youngest was a bit too focused on money but he hoped his heart was bigger.

70 Posts
0 Threads

Bram stopped running around and finally stopped at Elijah. "But she'll have money..." he commented. "I'd buy sweets with mine."

"You're stupid!" his brother said. "Well I'll just be glad when people stop asking questions. They were all starin' at us at church last Sunday and the kids were asking us whether it was true."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah sighed and looked at Bram. "She will be living far away and won't see you very often. And they do not have that much money, they have enough that she will be living comfortably enough that she won't have to worry about her and the baby.."

He pinched the bridge of his nose, "You're brothers. Please do not call each other names. When the world is hard you should depend on each other. Though I agree, it will be nice when people stop talking and staring. It's a product of boredom more than anything. When they feel any sort of scandal or something they can talk about and feel like they are somehow better they latch upon it. I see it a lot in my work since I deal with all sorts and people like to speak ill of others to make themselves seem better."

70 Posts
0 Threads

"Sorry..." William muttered. "Well, they'll find som't else to talk about when Alice his gone, hopefully."

Bram meanwhile looked worried. "But we'll still see Alice on Sundays, won't we?"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah patted his shoulder. "It's alright. I know you care about your family. And I am sure they will in a little time. Hopefully sooner than later."

He glanced at Bram and his expression turned sad. Had no one explained things to him? Of course not, poor Bram was always being dismissed. He gestured for the boy to come close. "I am sorry.. she.. she is moving away. You may see her now and again, but it will probably be months before she'll be able to visit you. Especially with the baby coming. She will be far away and quite busy."

391 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He/His

Bram came closer and pouted and frowned. "But father said she would still come visit sometimes on Sundays and that he'd go. I think he'll take me with him, to see the country."

"Don't be ridiculous." Will said. "He'd have to buy another ticket."