Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] The Wedding [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah sighed and knelt down so he could speak to him with his voice lowered hoping no one else would hear. "It isn't about the money. Normally someone marries someone out of love, and she isn't able to do that. Think of.." He struggled to find an example that the child could understand. "Think of someone you dislike. You don't hate them but you find them annoying every moment you are around them, and you can have money but you must be around them all of the time. Would that money make you happy since you must be around this person?" He wasn't trying to hurt anyone's feelings and it certainly wasn't a great way to explain it but something he hoped the boy could sort of get an idea.

391 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He/His

Bram thought and then shrugged. "I would still rather have money... I'd just punch 'em every time they're annoying."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah chuckled softly and shook his head. 'You know what I've said about hitting people. And you certainly couldn't hit someone because you do not like them. They could divorce you and you wouldn't have the money, or you could be arrested for hurting someone."

391 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He/His

"I would still rather have the money..." Bram muttered.

"Hey Elijah," said Will, who joined them.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah shrugged, "Some people don't care as much for the money." He looked to Will and smiled. "Hello, how are you? I hope today hasn't been too hard on you as well. Have you been nice to your sister?" He asked, wanting them to show Alice some kindness before she disappeared from their lives until who knows how long.

70 Posts
0 Threads

Will shrugged. "Aye." He really thought Alice had brought this upon herself. She shouldn't have causes trouble in the first place.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah smiled weakly. "If you kids want to step outside and get some fresh air, I'll join you. It is a bit crowded in here, isn't it?" He didn't want to leave Alice alone but it would only be for a brief time.

70 Posts
0 Threads

"Sure," said Will, and he walked outside while Will ran ahead. "Father wanted to keep it small but some people show up anyway. Some probably just want to get a good look for themselves." Will commented.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah sighed and nodded. "I'm afraid the .. issues.. have been rather public. I feel bad for what has happened, and hope things settle soon and turn out alright in the end. There has been no easy solution." He closed his eyes for a moment. "How have you been? "He looked to Will as the boy had avoided the question the first time.

70 Posts
0 Threads

Will shrugged. "Been okay. But I'll be glad when this is over and things can go back to normal and people stop talking and father stops being stressed."

"Father is always stressed," Bram pointed out, skipping around the yard.

"Shut up."