Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] The Wedding [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah frowned and looked at Ben in worry. "Please, if there is anything you can say it. I know I've messed up and I've always acted out trying to do what I thought was best." And in many cases he still believed he was right. " I want you to unload your burden as much as you can. If you want me to watch the boys for a day or two I can. You need to get better."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

Ben shook his head again and looked down, trying to calm himself. Maggie knelt down in front of him and handed him a cup of hot tea, which he took gratefully. Then she handed tea to Elijah and Will. John had fallen asleep against his grandfather. "It's great if ye can take Bram for a few days, Elijah. Thank you. You ain't done owt wrong. I am grateful for everythin' ye do for us. It was just..." He shook his head. "Alice... I wish there had been a better solution. It's a beneficial match financially, but..." He swallowed, rubbed his lips together and took a deep breath, to make sure his voice was under control. "Poor thing's terrified. He said he'll treat her well, and all I can do is pray he keeps his word."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah looked down after thanking Maggie for the tea. "I know, I feel the same. I am sorry I couldn't be the one to take her, I really am. But we will make sure he takes good care of her. I said we'd visit her soon, and I meant it. I will make sure we take a train to see her for a couple of days. So you can be sure she is being taken care of, alright? You are just doing your best and trying to be a strong and caring father, sometimes there are no easy answers."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Ben nodded slowly. "Thank you, Elijah. I appreciate."

Maggie sat close by. "You yourself said Tobias is a good man, father." She comforted him. "That he looked after the girls with care and respect and went out of his way. And that he goes to church and don't drink, and was concerned that Alice be sure about it. She may not be happy about it, and it may be hard for her, but it doesn't sound like he'd do her harm." But she too looked grave even as she spoke those words.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

"I am sure he'll be respectable and kind as he can be. It might not be a marriage of love but perhaps they can see each other as husband and wife with a little time and more familiarity.' He said hoping to help relieve the worry in the two. "And I can write her a letter and send it tomorrow so she knows we are keeping our word and checking on her.'

24 Posts
2 Threads

Ben nodded slowly. "Thank you, Elijah." He too would write, but he needed Anne or Will for that. But he would make sure she was alright. Or as alright as she could be under her circumstances.

"I should be heading home, to feed Lizzie." Maggie announced. She woke up John and took him by the hand, ruffled Will's hair, to the boy's great annoyance, and Maggie's entertainment, kissed her father's cheek and put a hand on Elijah's shoulder. "Thanks for all your help, Elijah."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah nodded, "It'll make her happy to hear from you."He smiled weakly at Ben then looked at Maggie as she was leaving. He nodded to her and smiled patting her hand. "Thank you too, Maggie. I can only inspire to be as well together as you've become." He chuckled softly and led her to the door to see her off.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"You are too kind, Elijah." said Maggie and with a last small smile, she was off. Will got up to start cleaning up the mess from the 'celebration'.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah smiled and waved then began to help Will clean up the mess. "Why don't you sit with your father for a bit? It's been a long day for everyone. I'll take care of this."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"I can do it. You don't have to help." Will said.

"Come Elijah. We don't make our guests clean up for us." said Ben, and he got up to help.