Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Suffering the Slings and Arrows [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations]
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

As he spoke, Rose was angry. She was so, so very angry with Elijah! So angry! And then she broke down, pushed forward, and clung onto him, crying into his chest.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah nearly stumbled back as he caught her. He hugged her as he didn't want to upset Rose more, it wasn't her fault. It was not knowing better, stubbornness, bad society, probably a hundred things. But he wasn't going to blame the kids about this.

"Look.. I'm sorry. I really am. I just.. I want to fix things and I can't. I want them to be stronger and I want them to not be afraid to speak up. You've always been very independent, and I'm glad you have your own life to do the things you want. I wish so much that the others could do the same, even Alice. I didn't mean to hurt everyone. I am just so angry and frustrated that I don't .. know how to change things."
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

For a while, Rose didn't respond and just clung onto him, crying. But then she regained control of herself. His words had brought to the surface so much pain and fear and sadness that was usually safely buried. And some very anxious memories. How could love and anger, fear and the desire to protect all be there at the same time? She looked up at last, stepping back a little, for she realized how inappropriate this was. "But 'e doesn't know how to change 'em either!"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah frowned. "I know.. I really had hoped he'd understand and try to self reflect and change his ways. He is a stubborn old man set in his ways. I am sorry to say that, it is true. We both know it is. I really wish I knew a way to protect your siblings. I want you all safe and to feel like you could be honest and open. Even Noah isn't afraid to tell his mother what he thinks of her when he's angry. None of you would ever dream of even politely telling Ben he was wrong. Please, Rose.. if you can think of anything to help."

In the back where Anthony was, Diane had gone to avoid the drama. The cat sat at his night stand where Anthony had left his glass that morning that had his medicine. The calico flicked her tail and looked from the glass to the man. She brought up her paw and very delicately moved the cup towards the edge. Closer and closer, never breaking eye contact.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose closed her eyes and shook her head. "No... I mean... He doesn't know how to change Alice's situation. He's just tryin' to do what's best. Oh Elijah..." She looked at him miserably. "I know he's hard and strict, but he ain't like..." She grimaced. "With Simon. He really just wants t' best. And you've upset him. And Alice."
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Pronouns: He/him
Height: 5'1"

Anthony was currently occupied with trying to have a very quiet panic attack, but it's difficult to stay silent when you're basically being forced to listen to shit that is literally triggering for you. The edges of his vision grew blurry as he tried to hyperventilate as quietly as possible. He stared at the ground, either not noticing Diane or just not paying attention to her. The former seemed much more likely.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

"You know I didn't want to upset Alice. I'm surprised you're alright with Alice disappearing. I know she's only two hours but that's far enough that you get busy and don't visit. And she will feel so alone. I tried to get him to see Noah as a possibility. He is a mess, but he seemed to care about her and I think a push in the right direction could help, at least a try. Everyone already knew about Alice now. I am so worried she will move away and she'll disappear. By the time you guys go to check on her she's died from a fever or had missed home and wanted to go and gets hurt or lost in the moors and no one hears about it until long after the fact. I know these things probably won't happen and I certainly pray they don't. But I'm worried all the same.I really don't want to lose another one of you."

There was suddenly a sound of shattering glass from the back room as the cat finally stopped touching the glass, watching it just topple over the edge. Elijah looked to the back then at her. He started to back up to go towards it. "I .. should.. um... maybe check it out. Just stay here.'
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

"Elijah! How could you even think that!? We would never -," But she stopped when she heard the breaking of glass. She followed Elijah.
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Pronouns: He/him
Height: 5'1"

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Anthony heard glass shattering and for a moment he was in an entirely different place. His hands were shaking, and he was crying and hyperventilating. This is happening. This is actually happening.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

"No, Rose.. just stay th-what is going on." He could tell what the noise was as there was glass everyone where Diane just looking pleased as a peach watching him from the table and gave a small meow wanting pets. He was more concerned with Anthony and moved towards him. "A-are you alright? Did you get injured or anything?" He wanted to hold him but certainly couldn't with Rose right there. "I.. I'll clean it up." he turned t get a broom and dustpan and hoping Rose hadn't followed him.