Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Suffering the Slings and Arrows [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations]
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Pronouns: He/him
Height: 5'1"

Too late. Anthony had already began washing the dishes. "Why don't you sit and relax? You're the one actually doing work and shit," he said. Anthony's basically just been leeching off him this entire time and was beginning to feel guilty about. he was going to wash these goddamn dishes whether Elijah wants him to or not.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

He wanted to complain. It was clear he wanted to complain. It wasn't even just about the dishes, he didn't care a lot for the constant cursing but it seemed very ingrained in Anthony and he just ignored it to not demand too much of the other. Still, he wished.. He didn't even know exactly what he wanted, but there was a concept there that he couldn't put into words.

"Alright", he sighed and picked up Diane and sat on the sofa to enjoy the fire and try to figure out what it was that bothered him so much.
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Anthony was actually glad for once that Elijah left. He had finished with the dishes pretty quickly, actually, but lingered in the kitchen even after that. He stared at the wall, going through all the different thoughts and possibilities that existed in his head.

It was after a bit of time, then, that Anthony decided to pull himself the fuck together. They were two people in a relationship and they were going to communicate like two people in a relationship. Of course, that was easier said than done, as Anthony had no fucking idea how to properly do that, and he was scared, but some things you just have to do, huh? Anthony left the kitchen, and immediately went to sit down next to Elijah.

"Are you mad at me?"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah was quiet when he reentered. He stared at the fire with a little clear panic kept down, as if watching to make sure it stayed in the hearth. He glanced over and looked up at him.

"No, not really.. But.. I think I'm failing. I don't know how to make you happy." He turned back to watch the fire. Being a little upset made his anxiety worse. "I keep trying and it feels like nothing works. You frown more than you smile around me.. "
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Anthony looked at the ground as Elijah spoke. This whole thing irritated him a bit, but he kept his cool—Elijah has no way of knowing how he actually feels and he shouldn't be mad at him about that.

"You aren't failing at anything," he said, hoping he was doing this whole communicating thing right. "I'm—I'm very happy. Maybe the happiest I've been in a long time. And—I'm sorry if it doesn't show or something, but.....everything you do isn't for nothing and I do appreciate everything." Anthony just, generally speaking, wasn't a man who smiled or was genuinely happy a lot. He made a mental note to himself to...try and smile more?
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah relaxed a little. "R-really? I am sorry. I've never done this sort of thing before. And.. I don't even have that many friends. You curse a lot which makes me worry you're angry and I always wonder what I'm doing wrong. But if you say you are happy. I'll trust you." he smiled weakly. It didn't reach his eyes as he realized the man looked unhappy even if he was happy meant that he'd also look the same when he was sincerely unhappy. Elijah would just assume things were well and hope Anthony would just go out and tell him if he wasn't since there was no other way for the man to know.
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Anthony nodded. "I mean, this is all new for me too so you don't have to worry about that, at least," he fidgeted with his hands as he spoke. "if—if you were actually doing something wrong and if I were actually mad at you I would tell you or......something. And the cursing thing is just a bad habit, really."

This was very nervewracking and anxiety-inducing, but he figured it was better than just staying silent and being mad at eachother and having no idea how the other feels. Sacrifices must be made, yeah?
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah nodded, "I assumed so, I'm just not used to it. " He gestured for the man to join him on the sofa. "As long as you promise to tell me when you aren't happy. I will try to be better. I know I'm making a lot of mistakes and I'll make a lot more. Just, be patient and I'm sure I'll make fewer and fewer with time."
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Anthony sat down next to him as soon as he was given the clear. "I promise," he said, sheepishly taking Elijah's hand, unsure of whether the gesture would be accepted or not. "I'm probably going to make a hell of a lot mistakes as well. I'd be a hypocrite to not be patient with you. So, in other words, I'll try and be patient with you." He cared a lot about Elijah and didn't want their relationship to be ruined because he was impatient and abrasive.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah nodded and smiled entwining their fingers, glad he didn't have to wear his gloves with him. He rest his head on his shoulder. "By the way.. I may need you to stay at your place one night this week. My friend's sons want to spend the night. They do that sometimes, I think they like a quieter house and to be away from home.'