Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Suffering the Slings and Arrows [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations]
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Pronouns: He/him
Height: 5'1"

Maybe Anthony doesn't need to apologize, but he still will do that, because how can he live with himself if he doesn't? "You did, though. I was the moron just shouting for no fucking reason and not doing anything of use," he laughed softly at himself in an effort to deceive himself into thinking he's happy so he won't cry anymore. "at...at least we're home together. And—and everything's fine and good." Or, at least, he can pretend it is.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah blinked and frowned a little. He took his face in his cheeks and stared into his eyes. "Never get into a fight or try to help me. It's my job, not yours. I'm grateful you care and worry, but I'd never forgive myself if you got hurt. You're a good and beautiful man. I am so lucky to have you in my life. I don't want to risk losing you. So never ever think you should try to protect me.. " He hugged him and buried his face into his neck.
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Anthony finally made eye contact with Elijah as the latter held his face, and Anthony had no choice but to look and listen to him. "I—okay," he nodded, about to protest somehow but deciding against it, in the end. The words Elijah said made him tear up a bit again—he isn't used to these sorts of things and he wasn't sure if he ever will be. "isn't—isn't that what lovers do, though? Protect and help eachother?" He asked, not really wanting an answer but asking anyways. Sheepishly running his fingers through Elijah's hair, he realized the words he had used—shit. It was a bit early in their relationship for the whole 'lovers' thing, wasn't it?
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah smiled softly and nodded, leaning into his touch and closed his eyes. "You protect me emotionally. I'm so easily drained and so uncertain about everything. You help me have some place to turn and someone to remind me that I'm something more than just a constable and someone who tries helping everyone without asking for anything." To be fair, he turned to Gabriel too sometimes, but that was more for his soul than his heart. The man didn't care about him being happy, well not much? He was never sure.

"I want you to stay safe. And when we can, we can do this.. sit .. and talk.. "he smiled and kissed him softly. "I have a headache though and need to lay down. Are you feeling alright?"
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Oh. Anthony didn't know how to respond, at all—these sorts of things were so new and alien and unusual to him and he was honestly a bit scared of them. "I'm—I'm glad you think that, Elijah," he said, resting his hand on the back of Elijah's neck. "you're.....a wonderful and amazing personyou always seem so strong and impressive and...I'm glad that I'm here. With you." Of course, some of that was a bit exaggerated just to make Elijah feel better about himself, but he did genuinely think he was a wonder.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah sighed happily and slowly relaxed, just leaning into him. He closed his eyes now just feeling so tired but didn't want to fall asleep. "I feel like I owe you something for all you've been through. Any requests?" he offered with a tired smile.
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

"You don't—you don't owe me anything," Anthony said. If anything, he owed him something because of all the things he's done to him.Most of all, right now, though, he just wanted to close his eyes, fall asleep and disappear. "...so, no requests, really."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah nodded but then looked at him with a small frown. "W-what's wrong?" Anthony was clearly not happy, and he was wondering what he was doing wrong. Maybe he had assumed too much. Maybe Anthony wasn't happy with everything and whatever was wrong was something Elijah couldn't fix. Had he asked for too much?
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Anthony glanced away from Elijah, avoiding eye contact like the plague. "It's nothing," he said. That was somewhat true, at least—there was nothing of actual importance going on with him. He was just...scared and anxious about this whole, entire thing. "don't...don't worry about it, okay?"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

"It.. is something then.." Elijah looked down. He wanted to ask, to pry. But he promised he wouldn't. He nodded and pulled away. "If.. you want to be alone, I won't push you. You look tired, we both are.. " He stood up and rubbed his eyes a little. "I'm going to bed.. if you want to join me, but certainly not necessary.." He went to grab a pillow and blanket so that Anthony could sleep on the sofa.