Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] The day after [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah frowned and shook his head, rising his voice to match Ben's. "She probably thought he would be her future husband. Would it have been so badly if she was planning or hoping to marry a man if she gave him what he desired early? I'm sure she didn't think that would get her pregnant and she didn't think he was using her! It's because people treat people like her like you are now that makes it so hard. SHe is still a wonderful girl who deserves a husband who would treat her right. It's actually upsetting she is treated so badly for a mistake that's already going to make her own life so difficult as it is."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

"It's still fornication and its a sin," Ben grunted. But he shook his head. "I don't say I don't care about her or her future. I'm just.. shocked... appalled by everything she finally confessed, and angry that she continued to lie to me." He shook his head. "Of course I want her to have a happy future. As happy as it can be now. We're working on it."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

"She is young, and she made a mistake. She is suffering enough without you treating her like a shameful secret who has to hide in the back. The way you treat her I am not surprised she lies. Simon felt like he had to lie too and hide himself because he knew you wouldn't understand. And look how that ended up. I don't want to find out later that she found some way to get money elsewhere and runs to York to start over.' He frowned feeling emotionally exhausted.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Ben felt like Elijah had just hit him in the face. He looked at the other man, turning pale, and suddenly got to his feet. "You... What do you know about Simon!?" He had to sit back down, because everything started to spin, and he could feel his heart rate going up. "Don't you..." He brought his hand to his forehead.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah frowned and tried to calm him. "Look, what happened to Simon was a tragedy. And I'm not saying you had anything to do with what happened. But don't you think this is .. becoming a pattern. They do something they aren't proud of, and they feel like they have no other answers and panic and want to flee? I think this means that things at the home need to turn around. It needs to be a better place. Almost every time I am here lately, there is arguing... Its very painful to see."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Ben looked at him, defeated. He put his pipe away, bent over and put his head in his hand, taking in a deep breath. Then he sat back up, and nodded quietly.
"I... want to protect them..." he said. "Our lot, we don't get second chances, Elijah. You know where I come from. I want them to be good people, with dignified lives. I don't want them to turn out like t' Longbottoms, or like me old father." He took a deep breath. "But I'm getting it all wrong. I got it wrong with Simon, and Alice... How did I not see that she was pregnant?"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah shook his head. "You are stretched too thin. You are so stressed over your work and keeping the house yourself. You do so much on your own, it isn't easy. That's why I wish you wouldn't mind having outside help. And it is alright, I am not here but I didn't know either until she fled. Accept outside help when you can, there is no shame in admitting it is a little hard to take care of a house full of kids alone. You have done your best to be strong for them and you are still trying to be so strong, but sometimes they need something a little gentler.."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Ben nodded slowly. "I wish the girls would get married, as soon as possible. Then at least they would be safe... I'm not growing any younger... I'll... ask you to take Bram sometimes, if you don't mind. He can be much when there's already a lot goin' on. Once Alice is married, that will be just Anne and Will... They're usually well behaved..."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah sighed. "I am happy to take Bram. And I want them to be married too. You raised good kids, Ben. Alice and Anne are both very sweet and I would lay my life down for them if it ever came to it. But they do fear your disappointment and disapproval to a very huge degree. Please stop keeping Alice in the back like this, let her be one of the family again and let her know she can be open with you. I think this might help start turning things around."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Ben nodded. "I'm just keeping her in for her own protection now. Rumours spread fast... Until we have found a match, it's better not to feed them." He closed his eyes and then opened them and looked at Elijah straight. "Elijah..." he said, dropping his voice. "Please tell me honestly: What do you know about Simon?"