Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Pronouns: He/him
Height: 5'1"

Maybe Elijah was a bit smarter than he seemed. Anthony looked at him, nodding as he listened with great attention. "Well, that's an idea, alright," Anthony decided. Perhaps a good idea as well, but he forgot to include that kind of essential detail. Finishing off his glass quickly as if just trying to get that thing over with, Anthony looked back to Elijah. "it IS a shame. There are a lot of people who are dicks to animals and that fucking sucks but there are also people who want to help them but can't do that for one reason or another so that would be a good idea, I think. But I'm not very smart, so, don't trust me on that."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah shook his head. "No you are right. It's terrible to see people mistreat them, and I believe wholeheartedly you are right. Perhaps I should speak to my priest. I don't know how animal care relates religiously. But charity is charity." Of course, he knew it would probably be shot down, Father Richards had enough trouble helping the people who attended his church, he couldn't be bothered to help random animals too. "Maybe there is something that can be done though.." He rested his chin on his hand as he seemed to think but then glanced over. "Do you want another?" He gestured towards his empty glass.
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Anthony didn't care much for religion and priests, but at this point he's so enthusiastic about helping animals that he's willing to sell his soul to the devil for it. Of course, perhaps once he sobers he'll change his mind, but that's not important. "I sure hope there is something that can be done," he furrowed his brow for a moment in thought. "What?" he asked on instinct unsure of what Elijah was speaking of at first, then made the realization that he was talking about his drink. "Oh. No, no. No."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah shrugged and drank his cider. "I hope so as well. Perhaps someone can mention it. If the church couldn't, you never know when rich people find a new trend. Helping animals could be big if the right people liked it." Of course he wasn't close to any rich people and had no idea how to even get the concept into their minds. He frowned in frustration and closed his eyes for a moment, completely forgetting to keep a careful eye on Anthony.
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

"Bit naive to expect rich people to actually help anyone or anything but themselves," Anthony said with such venom in his tone that you could almost believe for a moment that he himself helps other people instead of just leaving them in the dirt. Whatever. Animals are different from people, anyway. Though he supposed that the idea wasn't actually as absurd as he initially thought it to be—rich people do whatever the fuck they want and if that thing they want to do just happens to be taking care of animals then that's good, at least.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah shrugged. "They will do something if they feel like it. Sometimes they like animals like horses or exotic pets. It is just an idea though." He looked away in thought then sighed deciding to finish off his mug and stretched. "I can think on it." Of course no matter how much he thought of it, he was sure he'd have no solutions.
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

"Think on it, then," Anthony shrugged. It was certainly not as bad an idea as his initial judgement had him believe it to be, but what's said is said. "I was just thinking about.... like, there's so much injustice in the world that actual people are affected by, and the rich folk don't do anything about it, so I guess I just figure that it's pretty unlikely they'd help animals if they don't even help actual....people."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah nodded. "I know. There is a lot of injustice and they don't help others without personal gain. The rare chance I have to meet with the more.. upper class.. of town they do seem to think very lowly of people. I honestly think they would think higher of animals over people. I guess they have their own reasons they think that, but I couldn't guess."
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Anthony scowled. "All that inbreeding rots the brain," he decided with a sharp inhale, as if wanting to laugh at his own comment but also not really. He has never once in his life heard of a rich person who just did kind things out of the kindness of their heart and with no ulterior motive or personal gain from it. Though he supposed that Elijah had a point—if they think so lowly of people, they might as well treat animals better than them. Not that that was a particularly good mindset to have, but still.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah laughed lightly at his comment though he tried to stifle it. "I think money just.. changes people, those born into it even more so. But I try not to say terrible things about people if I do not know everything. Even if people do bad things, I try to be reasonable. But, it is simply a fact that the majority shows little concern if anything for their fellow man, as if they were different creatures entirely. " He sighed and shook his head at the depressing conversation. He shook his head and finished the last bit of cider. "Hey, want to see my cat?"