Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Strange thing, mystifying [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Pronouns: He/him
Height: 5'1"

Anthony looked at the building as they came closer to it, his whole 'trying to be less paranoid' thing starting to work a bit only as he neared the only place here with actual people in it. Guy would be less likely to arrest him or stab him or something in front of a crowd, yeah? Glancing at the man yet again, he briefly contemplated whether he should give him his name or not, before a rushed "ANTHONY." slipped from him before he could even finish contemplating it. Anthony slipped inside the pub as fast as humanly possible.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

The speed that the man hurried inside wasn't lost on the constable. He blinked watching him go and muttered 'Anthony' to himself. It still certainly didn't ring any bells, even as children. Elijah decided to not let it get to him and followed inside.

"You can call me Elijah, if you prefer." He waved to the bar as he found a place to sit. "Order for yourself, just don't go overboard." He reached into his pocket, finally relaxing a bit as there was a crowed and he felt the man was as unlikely to attack him. He pulled out a little money before he hid the wallet again. Was he setting himself up incase the man wanted to rob him? He considered it, but he hoped Anthony wasn't so foolish to try.
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Anthony would have probably preferred to never see this man again and thus never have to call him anything ever again in his entire life, but 'Elijah' was fine too. Following after him and finding a place to sit somewhat near the man, Anthony nodded with a brief "yeah", but in no way in hell was he actually ordering something. Maybe he's just setting up Anthony so that he lets his guard down and then tries to do something illegal and then will arrest him or maybe Anthony is being a tad bit too paranoid for his own good.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

It was a long awkward moment where the man sat there doing nothing. Elijah rest an arm on the bartop and sighed running a hand through his hair in aggravation. He couldn't blame 'Anthony' though, he had his right to not want anything but they'd come this far. "Are you sure you're alright? You don't want anything at all? I'm not asking for anything, I just thought you could use something. " He sighed and relaxed holding up both hands. "let me ask you something, and give me your most honest answer. What do you think a constable does.. or should do?"
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Anthony is not falling for this trap or any traps (or so he told himself, at least). Tapping his fingers on the bartop, Anthony tried very hard to look absolutely everywhere except at Elijah, which he was sure made him look especially not-suspicious. "Yeah, I'm alright. Just fine." Despite saying otherwise he is incredibly not-fine and this whole situation is increasing his not-fineness by a great deal. As soon as Elijah spoke again, Anthony was basically convinced that this is it and he's finally going to be arrested. Why else would a cop ask him this question? "Uhhhhhhh. I don't know. Arrest people, I guess."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah's brow rose and he smiled slightly. "You keep saying that and I may eventually believe you." He shook his head and rest his head on the palm of his hand. He sighed and looked around the place but made sure he didn't completely lose track of his new friend. "Perhaps some might think that is their job. I believe it is to uphold the law, but more importantly, to help people. I like helping and do my best at that. You looked like you could use a little help, even if you were 'fine'. So that's why we are here."
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Then Anthony will keep saying that until Elijah believes him. He's not a fan of how friendly this guy is being right now, figuring that there must be some kind of ulterior motive to his...niceness. No cop is just a nice guy because. "Yeah, well, uphold the law, help people, and arrest people," Anthony shrugged, still not looking at Elijah, and deliberately ignoring the comment about him looking like he needed help. He didn't and if Elijah thinks that then that's his problem. "same thing."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah shrugged and ordered a warm cider to drink and looked at the man. "You get arrested often, Anthony? You look.. unhappy to be bothered by me, but you didn't just tell me to leave you alone." He tilted his head and stared at him as he drank slowly. "I only arrest people who cause trouble. Is there something you want to tell me?"
bastard

2,428 Posts
15 Threads

Shit. This was it, his crimes had caught up to him, now he's going to get arrested and die and his life will be absolutely fucking over. "No. No," he repeated, an answer to both of Elijah's questions. There's nothing he would want to tell him, and even if he did, he wouldn't because he's not a moron. And either way, he hadn't caused any trouble right now, and the guy had no evidence that he's done fucked up shit, so he should be fine. Right? Right? The thought was only slightly comforting.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah was chastised for having a big heart and for being too soft on criminals, but he wasn't a complete fool. He looked to the man and held out a hand. "Then why not join me for a drink if you are an innocent man? There's nothing to be nervous about, right? I think you'd like a warm drink too. Just the thing for a night like this."