Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Safe and Sound [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Farmer's wife

290 Posts
10 Threads

Alice pulled up her knees to her chin and still didn't look at Elijah.
"It's Noah Longbottom... I thought he loved me... But since I've told him I'm pregnant, he pretends like he don't know me." She quickly wiped her eyes. "I don't even know if father will want me home now, Elijah. It would have been better for everyone if I had just gotten to York or Middlesbrough..."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah sighed. "I'm sorry you had to learn this lesson in such a hard way, Alice. Some boys are terrible to girls unless they are married to them. But don't be silly. Your dad knows and wants you home. He still cares about you, we all do. Not everyone knows about your condition either, and I made it clear nothing was known at the time. It was just suspect because of your illness and fear. No one has to know if you don't want to. We can find an option. And I'll tell you, I won't give Noah any breaks because of how he treated you. Being so dishonest.." He shook his head. "I am sorry Alice, but we will do all we can to make things better for you. Please, you don't have to disappear from town."
Farmer's wife

290 Posts
10 Threads

"We can't cover it up much longer..." Alice whimpered. "They will know soon enough. And father... I can't face him, Elijah. I've done such shameful things."
Anne moved to the sofa, so that she could hug her sister. She looked at Elijah suspiciously. "Are ye talking about removin' the bairn?"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

"He will forgive you. He doesn't want to lose you, Alice. Anything you did, I'm sure he'll forgive you. "

He didn't want to mention how Ben would certainly be more understanding since she showed regret. He looked shocked by Anne. "What? No. I was thinking having her stay with some nuns or a family that doesn't know her but is kindly until she had the baby. Then she could return, with the child saying its a relative's or put it up for adoption if she doesn't.. " He shook his head. "We will find a way that works. I don't want Alice to live in shame in town. She was in love, and he's the one who failed her."

He looked back at Alice, "I wish you'd both waited. But I understand, you're young. Just let this be a lesson for both of you to wait until you're married next time. " He rubbed his forehead. "I will make sure Ben doesn't do anything, Alice. But will you please come home? It'll be alright. I swear."
Farmer's wife

290 Posts
10 Threads

Anne cast her eyes down. But then she whispered something in Alice's ear. Alice nodded and finally looked up at Elijah. "Alright..." she whispered.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah looked curious and a bit suspicious at the whispering. He smiled weakly, "I hope you aren't planning to run again."
Farmer's wife

290 Posts
10 Threads

"We won't..." Alice said, defeated. Anne rubbed her back.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah sighed and relaxed. "Good. Now if I were you both, I'd catch up on some sleep. You both almost froze to death."He smiled slightly. "I'm glad this is over and we can work on a solution together."
Farmer's wife

290 Posts
10 Threads

"I'm not tired anymore." Alice said, miserably. She curled up even tighter. Anne hugged her.

Tobias came back in. "Ah... Sorry." he said, when he saw the girls balled up like that. "I'll ask Bess to bring ye all some cocoa. That should strengthen ye all."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah sighed feeling like an outsider again as no matter how much he tried to help it was rarely taken and sometimes made him feel worse for trying and treated as such. He sighed. "I'm sorry you're upset, Alice. I really want you to relax and feel safe again."