Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Safe and Sound [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

"I hope it tastes as good." Elijah smiled as he sat with them and remembered they prayed before meals so he folded his hands. "Will, shall you do the honors?" He felt a tension but didn't know why. It had to be his imagination.

391 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He/His

Will blushed. He felt like a man, because Elijah invited him to pray - to take father's role. But he also felt awkward. "No... you're the grown up, I think you should pray," he said.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah honestly worried he'd slip since he didn't have practice speaking aloud. He looked at Will and put on a small polite smile. "But you are a guest. We are all praying, just one speak. I don't think only an adult has to do it. I think everyone should have a turn to speak up and have their chance. So please?"

391 Posts
5 Threads

Will nodded.
"I'll pray!" Bram offered.
Before he could, Will quickly closed his eyes and folded his hands. "Lord." That came out rather too dramatic. Bram covered his mouth with his folded hands. "We thank you for this food, and for Elijah's kindness, looking after us. We ask that you... make father better.. and..." Oh shoot, he didn't know what else to say, but he had already said 'and'. "and please look after the people who don't have food. Amen," he quickly finished.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah could have stopped the battle for prayer but he couldn't help but smirk. "That was.. lovely. Tomorrow, we will switch so everyone has a chance. " He smiled huge as he began to eat.

391 Posts
5 Threads

Bram seemed excited. He prayed alone of course, because father made them all say prayers before going to bed, but he was certain prayers before dinner, when everyone listened, were more efficient. He had so many things to ask for.

Eagerly the boys ate their meal.
"Thanks for looking after us, Elijah." said Will. "The stew is very good."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

"It's an honor to be trusted to look over you. I love you both like you were my little brothers and I am happy we get to spend this time together. I hope to not let you or your father down in taking good care of you." He smiled brightly and went to wash dishes and let them relax by the fire. "There are books if you want to practice your reading before bed."

391 Posts
5 Threads

Will smiled at him. "Of course you won't." The boys got off the table. "I'll help you wash up. Bram, you should practice your reading.
"Stop it!" Bram suddenly shouted.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

The shout shocked Elijah and he dropped the bowl he'd been holding and it shattered on the floor. "What is it?" He looked at Bram in confusion and frowned. "Please, no yelling in my home."

391 Posts
5 Threads

Bram jumped when the bowl hit the ground. He looked up at Elijah anxiously, and suddenly began to cry.
"Look at what you did!" Will shouted at him.