Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Safe and Sound [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah thought it was sweet how Bram talked his father to sleep. He lifted the boy and put him on the ground. "Yes, help your brother with cooking, please?" Anne's words had him concerned and he glanced towards Alice. "Is that so? Well, you might feel better but if it comes back, let me know. I'll get the doctor again. We don't want something serious coming around, especially with your father already in recovery."

70 Posts
0 Threads

Alice flustered and looked down. "Don't worry about it. I feel better now." She quickly said.

William finished the tea and started handing out cups to everyone, putting one on the table for his father. He looked at the man with a sad frown. Anne put a hand on his forehead and gave her brother a smile. "Don't worry. I think his temperature has gone down," she said.

Then the boys sat down, preparing lines for tomorrow with the bait their sisters had brought.

"Will you stay for tea?" Anne asked, tea meaning dinner in their family.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

"Alright, Alice. Just keep an eye out, I wouldn't want it to come back." He nodded towards her and then looked at Anne. "Tea? Well, if it won't be an inconvenience. You weren't planning on an extra seat" 'or three' he thought since originally they were going to eat at his own home.

He walked over and patted her shoulder, "only if I can help. "He smiled hoping it really wouldn't put the girls out since they had enough to deal with without making suddenly extra places for dinner.

629 Posts
22 Threads

Height: 5'1''

Alice nodded quietly.
"Don't worry," Anne said. "Father won't eat much now that he's sick. And we're always happy to have you over for dinner. Plus, you're lookin' after Will and Bram. It's t' least we can do. Ye can help Bram and Will prepare t' lines. If ye still know how it's done."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah's fingers twitched slightly as he looked to where they were. "I think I do, if I have trouble, they can remind me." He nodded to her with a smile and moved to sit down by the boys and took the line staring at it as his mind went back and he slowly worked his gloved fingers to get it ready. He was slow but he was at least helping.

391 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He/His

Bram moved to sit close to Elijah and watched him work. "You could be a fisherman like us! And go out on the boat with us?" he suggested.
"Don't be ridiculous. He had a better job." Will sneered.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

"Oh, that's very kind but I don't have much experience on the water." Elijah said apologetically. While his fingers worked to prepare the line he shook his head. "I'm not sure about that, Will. It's hard work and since I have no family it gives me a little freedom to have time and some money to help out my community."

70 Posts
0 Threads

"Being a fisherman is hard work," Will noted.
"You can come on the boat with us, Elijah. And we'll show you." Bram suggested.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

The man agreed quickly as he tried to untangle a knot he'd made in the line. "I meant that both were hard work in different ways." He looked nervous but smiled. "Perhaps I can try, but I do not get many days off so we will have to see."

391 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He/His

"Then you can take my job, and I can become a constable," Bram continued.
"You hardly know your letters." Will commented.
Suddenly Bram took his empty cup and tossed it at his brother. Will ducked and it smashed on the floor behind him.
"Bram!" Both the girls cried out. Ben sat up.