Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] A Surprise to us All [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

536 Posts
15 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: Average

She laughed for the first time in a long time, and shook her head. "Ye'd be awfully grumpy if ye didn't have yer fun." It was clear she was teasing him. The boy gave a great yawn and continued to squint up at his blurry uncle. When asked about Niamh's name, Karen smiled, "It was from a story I read a long time ago. Tis Irish. It means 'radiant,' which she very well is. She seems to take after ye with her personality already, and I bet she'll be smilin' the same way ye do and followin ye around when she can walk."
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'11"

"Ah, that's true. I can't help it. "Pony laughed softly though he tried to be quiet for the kids. As he looked down at the boy, he heard her and glanced at Karen in surprise. "Really and truly? Oh dear, she'll be trouble. Probably will be causing problems soon as she can wander from your eyesight." He giggled and hugged his sister carefully while still holding Harold close. "I love you, Karen. Couldn't ask for a better sister, so don't worry. No matter how much trouble i cause, I won't leave you alone."

536 Posts
15 Threads

"Aye, really and truly. Someone had ta take after ye." She grinned sleepily and sighed, "I love ye too, brother." And with that, she dozed off into a light sleep. Harold did the same, sticking his little tongue out a few times in the process.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony smiled then sighed looking around at the room. He delicately got up to allow everyone to remain asleep. Making sure every step was silent, he moved towards the crib and placed him carefully near his sister. He looked down at the two and shook his head. "Sleep well, and don't go breaking your mother's heart. You two mean a lot to her so stay strong and be better than me." he turned and went to get something to eat, maybe make something for when she woke up as well.

536 Posts
15 Threads

It would be an hour or so before she woke up to the sound of her children fussing. Children... she'd had twins. That was right, they had arrived. Her hand moved to her belly and though it was still round, it wasn't nearly as bulbous as before and there wasn't the movement she would probably miss feeling afterwards. There too was an ache that grew in her chest and moisture in reaction to the children crying. She sighed, blushing, grateful that Pony wasn't in the room at the moment. She took care of her needs quickly enough, and then retrieved one child, moved her to the cradle by the bed, then the other, which was all she had energy for. She then spent the next bit of time feeding one while using her foot to rock the cradle, dozing off because the child was so warm. She'd repeat the process until both were satisfied, and doze back off with Niamh sleeping soundly in her arms.

If Pony should enter at any point after, he would find his exhausted sister snoozing in an undignified fashion, head back, drool on her face, chest covered as best as possible, but shoulder bare. In this case, she had just been too tired to remember to ask her brother for any kind of help and that much was clear, for she had simply gone on auto pilot. Of course, she would wake up not long after he entered and her face would go red, eyes big and filled with a look of being overwhelmed, and she would give her brother the biggest wibble ever.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony stepped in and rose a brow at his sister. He shook his head and moved to put Niamh in the crib so that she could sleep without fear of dropping her when his sister awoke. Pony rolled his eyes at her reaction before putting the baby down and patted his sister's head.

"What's wrong? You know you could have called. You look exhausted." He then took her face in his hands and tilted his head to the side. "You need to just take a moment and breathe deeply. It'll be alright. I'm here now."

536 Posts
15 Threads

"I am overwhelmed, that's all." she said. "I would have called for ye, except they were hungry and..." she plucked at the fabric of her nightgown, indicating the milk stain. "I... heard them cryin' and this happened, and I didn't know what to do other than feed them."
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony nodded. "I get that, I do. I certainly can't feed them myself. But I could have brought them to you and rocked the other until they could eat." He sighed and patted her shoulder. "You need to remember you're not on your own." He went to dig through her clothes to find her a new shirt she could wear. Something that would be easy to feed her children with. He pulled out a nightshirt that looked like it would do the job. "Here, you can change into this and I'll make that woman wash yours with the rest of the laundry."

536 Posts
15 Threads

"I know, I just didn't think about it at the moment. I just did things automatically." She sighed and took the offered nightshirt. "All they did was cry and it happened. My goodness, I should have known that after bein' a nursemaid. But I feel like my learnin' has gotten lost in the last day or two."
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony shrugged. "I guess you acted on instinct. It's alright, just try to remember. Alright? I promise someone will be around to help you. You just had them. You really need a few days to recover before you start wandering around and such. I don't want you to get ill. If anything happened to you..' He frowned sharply and shook his head as he refused to think about it.